Tuesday, September 21, 2010

we're still alive!

i cant believe my baby will be 2 weeks old tomorrow! i was watching some of the video that we took from when he was just barely home, and i was amazed at how much he has already changed! it breaks my heart! i want him to stay this sweet little newborn boy forever! im excited for him to grow, but it's happening too fast! he is SUCH a good baby! he will lay in his bouncer forever and just look around at whats going on! he sleeps so good, he only wakes up to eat every 3 hours, and usually goes right back to sleep! with the exception of his 3 am feeding, in which then he wants to look around, so he gets mad when i turn off the lights. a few things to remember about mr. blake at 2 (ish) weeks...
-he is a muncher! he rarely makes it 3 hours between feeding before he wants to eat again! we've even started feeding him an extra ounce every time, but he still wants more!
-he likes to snack! he will act like he is STARVING, and then only eat 1 oz. and loose interest!
-he loves to make his 'O' face (picture below)
-he is a daddy's boy through and through! daddy can calm him down, and get him to sleep faster than anyone!
-he is looking more and more like beau every day! when he was first born everyone thought he looked like me, but now everyone comments on how much he looks like beau!
-he loves to be swaddled.
-he is a binky baby!
-he does not like to poop in a wet diaper! i swear he holds it until i change him and then 2 seconds after he is all clean he lets it go! :) lovely.
-his neck is already SO strong! he will lift it up and look around if you put him over your shoulder.
-he will put weight on his legs if you stand him up.
-he likes to put his hands on whatever you put in his mouth, bottle, binky, burp rag, ANYTHING!
-if he isnt swaddled, he sleeps with his hands over his head.
under the lights at home

his favorite place to nap is cuddled up next to daddy!
yes he laughs!
first overnighter to kolob! he LOVED IT! he slept SO good!
bailey wasnt sure what to think!
big smiles
LOVE LOVE LOVE this sweet face!!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

i don't know Stef the bottom picture he looks a lot like you. He is so cute. Thank You so much for coming to the game so I could see him. Thanks for letting Beau stay with us the boys loved it. You will be amazed how fast he changes. I remember I felt the same way I did not want them to get any bigger.

sandy said...

He is so adorable and you and Beau are such great sweet parents!

The brackens said...

He is so CUTE!!! I love the face he pulls.. haha!!! I giggled!!!! Glad things are going so GREAT!!!!

Anonymous said...

How cute! I can't believe you guys are parents, I'm so happy for you! I love the last little face he pulls, ha ha, his little wrinkley forehead... so so cute.

The Christy's said...

Hey you're slackin! I want to see some updated pics..

The brackens said...

Aw.. Steph I love looking at your cute pictures!!!! He is so cute!!! Hope you come and bring him to the shower!!!!

our anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

A Marriage Prayer

"Lord, help us to remember when we first met and the strong love that grew between us. To work that love into practical things so nothing can divide us. We ask for words both kind and loving and hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive. Dear Lord, we put our marriage into your hands."