
I saw this link on my friend sammi's blog and decided to click on it, which is a big deal for me because i usually skip right over links. Well, I am SO glad i didnt skip this one! it was SO interesting. wanna read it? here ya go!
if you dont want to read it.... ill give you a brief overview (but i HIGHLY recommend you go read it!!!!) This woman describes herself as a
if you dont want to read it.... ill give you a brief overview (but i HIGHLY recommend you go read it!!!!) This woman describes herself as a
" young, feminist atheist who can't bake a cupcake"
yet, she is a 'mormon mommy blog' addict.
At first glance, i thought this article was going to rip on the LDS church, but i was pleasantly surprised at how she portrayed our faith.
She quoted a woman named Natalie Holbrook saying
At first glance, i thought this article was going to rip on the LDS church, but i was pleasantly surprised at how she portrayed our faith.
She quoted a woman named Natalie Holbrook saying
"It seems that a lot of popular culture wants to portray marriage and motherhood as demeaning, restrictive or simple, but in the LDS church, motherhood is a very important job, and it's treated with a lot of respect"
I loved that she said that!!! I sometimes want to SCREAM from the rooftops how wonderful it is to be a stay at home wife and mom. i LOVE cooking dinner, going grocery shopping and decorating our house. I never for one second feel like i am forced into this role, I feel like the role i play in our family is just as important as being the 'bread-winner'
I loved that she said that!!! I sometimes want to SCREAM from the rooftops how wonderful it is to be a stay at home wife and mom. i LOVE cooking dinner, going grocery shopping and decorating our house. I never for one second feel like i am forced into this role, I feel like the role i play in our family is just as important as being the 'bread-winner'
I like to be the one to have dinner ready when beau gets home from work, and to clip coupons to save us money, and to bathe and dress our baby.
Call me old fashioned, but thats the role I have always wanted to fulfill!
(im not saying this is for EVERYONE, but its the life I wanted)
Anyways, i am rambling now, but the point i wanted to make is that I think being a mormon momma is the best thing EVER! and i love that this article agrees! (GO READ IT!)
Anyways, i am rambling now, but the point i wanted to make is that I think being a mormon momma is the best thing EVER! and i love that this article agrees! (GO READ IT!)

No comments:
Post a Comment