I LOVE fourth of July decorations :) can ya tell? I went a little crazy this year, but in my defense... most of it, I made myself and didn't cost a dime, so I dont feel too bad :) I have a slight addiction to holiday decorating, I get SO excited to decorate for any holiday! and ironically, I get just as excited to take it all down and get my house back to normal again! Sorry for the horrible pictures... I've discovered that the only thing harder than decorating plant shelves... is photographing them.
Alrighty new subject. I swear Blake gets more and more mobile every day. There isn't a second that he isn't pulling things off of shelves, or out of drawers. I am constantly wiping, picking up, straightening, you name it.
He is so fun though, he's at the 'tricks' stage we are learning. He learned how to 'pat it, and roll it' in patty-cake (I'm trying to get a video) he says mama, dada, ya, and baba. and he blows kisses. The bad thing is that he only does these things when he feels like it, which is normally NOT when mom and dad want him to show off ;) He is crawling normal a lot more now, but he still gets around a lot faster with his frog hop. He is getting another tooth, meaning no more sleeping through the night for a few weeks. Yippee.
Last week we went up to Pine Valley for the week. The first day we were there my Dad's family was having their reunion so we went over to the campgrounds and played games and fished.
Tuesday through thursday we stayed at Beau's Dad's cabin with my mom, brother and his girlfriend. We played Just dance (and I have to add, Beau does a MEAN Beyonce! ;)) I refuse to post the photos of Beau and I dancing because I look ridiculous! So you get Scott and Nicole :)
Mostly we just sat around and did puzzles and played games. It was a really nice break from real life. On the way home we stopped at the Red Dog Cafe in Dameron Valley, it was SOO yummy! I definitely recommend going there! And get the Buffalo Chicken Sandwich! Beau got it and let me have a bite, leading me to drool over it the entire rest of the meal.
Saturday night we went out to dinner at TJ's with Ramsey and Shaunie and then they came over and we played Sevens and then Clue. Wanna know how it turned out? It was me. in the observatory. with the bat.
Blake does this pretty much every time Ramsey holds him. I'm not sure why? But he does NOT like ramsey!
On father's day Scott got ordained and Elder so we went down for lunch and then we stopped at Beau's Dad and Stepdad's houses, and then went to Visit Beau's Grandpa in the nursing home. It was really nice to see him, Blake loved him, they danced and played, it was really SO cute!![]()
YAY! finally updated! I dont know why I wait so long to do this? Anyways, I am really excited for the next few weeks! We are going fishing (I'm hoping) and to SLC and my family is having their reunion. But as for tomorrow, the bug man is coming. Yay. Actually I am super excited. I was not too thrilled to find ants in our house when we got home from Pine Valley. So that should be more like YAY!! THE BUG MAN IS COMING!!
I'm trying to think if I have anything else worthwhile to say, since all my posts are pictures recently.
We are getting our food storage bulit up! I have been couponing like a mad woman, okay so maybe not THAT much, but a lot more than usual. I'm not the crazy couponer that buys 700 of something my family doesn't even use because it's $1.00 off. But I am learning. I've had a strong feeling to start stocking up. I'm not getting all 'End of the World' on you, but it really is kind of scary! I keep thinking, what if we really had to live off of what was in our house right now? we would be having elk roast and spaghetti. every. night. Not my idea of fine dining. I'm also still on my 'make things from scratch' kick. Not so much from scratch, but from real ingredients. I've tried to stay away from the frozen food isle, but I have a few pitfalls. (popcorn chicken and pizza rolls to be exact) The garden has helped a lot! We are getting TONS of stuff from it! onions, zucchini, beets, peppers and everything else is almost ready to pick! We recently planted spinach and winter squash, and they both have already sprouted! ![]()
Guess that means summer is here! Along with the 100+degree weather. SOO glad I get to stay inside all day!

3 comments:
if you find that you have too many grapes to know what to do with - my husband made a thing to dry them to make raisins. I could show you a picture and I am sure that Beau could make it!
Seee! The decor! So so cute :) My brain is flowing now with some cute ideas :) Ooohh, I miss my grandpa's :( Love the garden!! That would save us loads!
Such cute decorations. Love the pictures with Blake and Grandpa.
Post a Comment