I do have an excuse however, my stupid laptop took a crap, and now we have to buy a new one. I really want a MacBook, so I think we're going to go that direction. Everyone says, once you go Mac, you can't go back! We'll see if that's true!?
We've been having fun these past few weeks! quite a few playdates, shopping, photoshoots and trips to the mountain. It's been blasted hot the past few weeks, so I've been trying to get the pool out every so often, but we have irrigation water, so I have to give Blake a bath every time he swims. So after changing into a swimsuit, filling the pool, playing, draining the pool, giving him a bath, cleaning that up and getting him dressed, all while Quinn wants my attention, I'm pretty worn out by the end of it. But most of the time its worth it because Blake enjoys it so much.
Quinn does not to too well in the heat yet, though. I seriously don't see how people can take their babies out to the lake all day? Haha Quinn is done after like 10 minutes!
She's high maintenance.
I finally feel like we have a pretty good routine down now that Quinn is here. Blake has been a trooper while I've been figuring things out, it helps that he plays so well by himself too. We all wake up around 8:00 and I get the kids dressed and try to pick up the house a tad while Blake eats breakfast. Then I rock Quinn to sleep, for her 10 minute cat nap, and Blake plays. Beau comes home for lunch, and after I feed us and Blake. Then I put both the kids down, Blake usually just watches a movie in his room, and I blog on LLS or do projects until his movie is over or Quinn wakes up. Then we all play/destroy the house until Dad gets home. Then it's maul Dad time, then dinner, play/baths, jammies and we all crash. Well, all except Quinn. ;) She stays up until around 10:30 most nights, so I try and stay up until she falls asleep. She has slept 7 hours in a row for quite a few nights now! Which is wonderful. She wakes up around 5ish and I just prop her a bottle, and she sleeps until 8.
Having two kids hasn't been all that hard though. I hope I don't jinx myself, but it's been pretty easy so far, compared to what I'd heard. Sure, I have less time to myself, and I lose my cool every once in awhile, but I am enjoying it for the most part! Thankfully! Haha!

Blake LOVES Quinn, and she LOVES her. It melts my heart how much they enjoy eachother already! First thing when Blake wakes up, he says "Where's Sweetie?" or "Where's Quinn" over and over until we find her. And she is entertained for hours just watching him.
Blake's speech is going very well. I'm so glad we did it! Mostly for my peace of mind! We have 2 therapists that each come every other week, so we have someone here every Tuesday or Wednesday. Taylor comes on Tuesdays and mostly just evaluates where he is at, and answers any questions I have. Blake likes him the best, and he is really great with him! An 'average 2-3 year old is learning 3-5 new words each week, and Blake is learning anywhere from 3-10, so he is doing great. When we started the program, Taylor had suggested that we keep a list of new words he learns, so that's what I did! I started with a list of all the words that he already said, before we started, which was about 60, and then I stared a new list with the words he learns, separated by weeks. The next week when Taylor came back, I pulled out my notebook and read off my list. He kind of just sat there for a second, and then laughed and said "I've been here over a year and no parent has ever taken this program serious enough to do that." I felt a little silly at first, but I kept doing it and last week he said to Beau and I that he mentioned us at their last meeting and said he wished we could come talk to all the parents and show them how you're supposed to do things! Haha, I was a little proud, sorry if I'm sounding braggy, because I don't mean to. I just feel like I fall short with so much, it's always nice when someone appreciates the efforts you make. Anyways, the other lady that comes is Janet. She is super nice, but I think Blake get overwhelmed when she is here, because she has a lot to do in such a short time. She is there to work on colors, sorting, counting, and things like that. It's almost like an in-home preschool session! Speaking of pre-school, We've stated the process with TLC to get Blake enrolled! Insane, I know! He will actually start before his 3rd birthday, so he will only be 2, but I think it will be amazing for him! I'm really praying that he gets accepted into the TLC preschool. He has to be tested for that, to prove that he has a speech delay. At first, I was a little skeptical about him going to that preschool, because there will be all variations of kids there, special needs and delayed. But the more I though about it, he would be so lucky to get in there! The life lessons he will learn, about compassion and acceptance will be so great, and there isn't any other place he will get that opportunity! So I'm super excited!
He also had an art class with my Stepmom and her grandkids! He had a really great time and even though it was a long drive out to Ivins every week, I'm sad its over!! Those boys had fun!
I realized I never posted about Father's day! Bad wife. I told Beau I'd make him whatever he wanted to eat for dinner that night, I was thinking something along the lines of salmon, or steak and baked potatoes... but no. He wanted... bean and cheese quesadillas. Haha, that's my husband!
Beau is such an awesome husband and Dad! I seriously could of never asked for a better guy in our lives! He is so much help to me and is always wanting to be with us and play with the kids! Every day when he gets home from work, he helps pick up the slack by cleaning whatever needs it, or keeping the kids busy while I make dinner. Blake and Quinn adore him to death! Blake cant wait until he gets home and loves to go to the last hour of work with Beau some nights to help with his last errands! Plus, he's hot. and that's always a good thing! He makes me so happy.

For a few weeks now, I've been looking for Quinn a bouncer-saucer thingy. She hates laying down if she is awake, and always has to be sitting up or standing. I kept checking Kid to Kid and they only had the ghetto looking ones for like $45. So I just kept looking, and the other day I was checking facebook, and a lady posted one for $12! I was SUPER excited and told her I wanted it. So I went out the next day to get it and she had boxes and boxes and boxes of clothes for boys and girls! So I took a few minutes to look through them. She only had boys up to 3T, which is what Blake is in now, so I only got him a pair of pants and a pair of shorts, But I got Quinn 2 jackets, 9 dresses with bloomers, 7 pairs of pajamas, 2 onesies, 6 pairs of bottoms, 1 skirt, and 2 pairs of shoes. Everything was barely used and I got all of it, including the bouncer for $40! Which was less than I expected to pay for just the bouncer!
Then, on Friday, Sandy called me and told me Oshkosh was having a huge sale, so we went down and ate at wingers and I got the kids some clothes. I got all of this for $50! Most of it was like $1.99-$4.99 and then you got 30% off your entire purchase! I got 2 of a few things since I'm big on stocking up ;) Both kids' closet shelves are full of 'future' clothes, Blake has clothes clear up to size 8, and Quinn's goes up to like 4T.
Beau always rolls his eyes when I come home with bags and bags of clothes, but he is grateful when we don't have to go out and pay full price because Blake grew faster than we expected!
I've been getting back into photography. It's been a little stressful, but I really do enjoy it, and it's nice to have a little money to throw around. So far, I've had a wedding, a newborn shoot, 1 year old and family photos. This was the newborn one I did, it's my good friend Kenzie's little guy. He is huge! Quinn has 3 months on him, but they are pretty close in size! She just has a lot more chunk on her! ;)
The concept of moving has crept into the back of our minds, every so slightly, lately. It probably wont be for a few years, like 3-4, especially if we decide to build. But it's been exciting to talk about. We only want to move once more in our lives, so if we do move, we want it to be into our dream house, which would most likely require building. But with the market these past few years, it so much more practical to buy a home already built. So who knows what will happen, thankfully we have tome to think about it. I'll be sad whenever we leave this house though. We've put so much work into it, and it's where we brought both of our kids home to. I'm too sentimental for my own good ;)
I'm still struggling with my post-baby body. I lost all the weight really fast, and I can fit into my old jeans just fine, but my body has CHANGED! I have 'exrta' in places I didn't before. I need to get my butt into gear and get toned. Especially if we are done with kids, because then I have no excuse.
Blake is busy lately. He is all boy. He loves cars and trucks still, and will turn anything into a trailer and tow it around. He is broadening his good options, now he will eat apples, grapes, strawberries, blueberries, cucumbers, carrots, zucchini, corn, tortillas, French fries, bread, peanut butter sandwiches, quesadillas, cereal, mac and cheese and any kind of snack food or sweets. It's sad that I can literally list every thing he will eat, but this list is a lot longer than it used to be, so I'm happy with his progress! His favorite movies lately are Winnie the Pooh (the new one) and Madagascar. He also has taken a liking to Thomas the Train and will sometimes sit and watch an episode. He just likes to have the tv on though, he doesn't really watch anything constantly, he just glances at his favorite parts while he plays. He is so much help to me and has such a big heart! He is always concerned about others and loves to make people smile! He has an extraordinary memory! At Grandma Campbells, he always pulls a stool over to grandpa's bear rug to prop the head up so he can pretend like it's biting him. And once, when Beau took him for a fourwheeler ride, Beau patted him on the top of the head, and now every time they go, he pats himself on the head. It's too funny! We are always amazed how much he remembers!
Quinn is 3 months now! She is all chunk! Seriously, she is so tiny, but she has more rolls than we can count! She is still a total diva, and knows exactly what she wants, but she's so fun and smiley! She loves to be talked to and HATES to be tickled! HATES IT!! She is starting to scoot around on her back, she eats 4 oz every 3 hours, and despises her carseat.
Last week Beau's mom was taking his Grandpa on a ride in the helicopter that goes over Hurricane, and she asked me to come take pictures. So I took Blake with me because I knew he'd love to see it! But when it came time to go up, Beau's poor grandpa wouldn't get in. He flat out refused (he has dimension) So after they tried to convince me to go (haha, yeah right!) I called Beau and he was able to get off work just a few minutes early and come go for the ride! Then, at the last minute, they told us that Blake could go if he wanted!! So he sat on Beau's lap and LOOOOVED it!! He was all smiles when they landed and Beau said he just stared out the windows the whole time! It was such a fun experience!
Haha kudos if you made it through this post. I didn't intend to go on for so long ;)













2 comments:
I love your post and love reading them. Love those kids too you and Beau are super parents......
Yay! i love reading your blog! You are seriously the cutest mom ever. whenever i read your blog i want to be more like you! I so bad wish tyn and blake could be in school together. they seem so similar in so many ways. i think they would be the greatest friends!
Post a Comment