I feel like I could do 100 posts about Blake at this age, just because he's so darn awesome!
I seriously am in love with this age!
or maybe he's just a really great kid!? :)
He is such a great helper to us! I am really looking forward to seeing how he steps up after the baby is born. He is great at cleaning up, not perfect, but anything you ask of him, he is (most of the time) willing to do! Yesterday I was picking up the house and I called him into the living room and asked him to put away his shoes and socks. He did it, and then came back in and asked "What else, Mom?" I gave him a few more things to do and he did them gladly! His main chore, besides picking up toys and his things, is unloading the silverware from the dishwasher.
His speech has improved by leaps and bounds over this past year! Everyone that has known him comments of how far he's come! In fact, he really never stops talking! Haha! We always say he's making up for lost time ;)
He is so great at entertaining himself. Of course, he loves the iPad, a little too much, but if he knows that's not an option, he can play hot wheels, or trains, or animals for hours! The past few weeks I've really needed a nap in the afternoon, so when Quinn lays down for a nap, all I have to say is "Mom's tired buddy, I'm going to lay down for a bit." He says "okay!" and I literally don't have to worry about him.
He's been having bad dreams lately, which completely breaks our hearts. He will usually come into our room and wake up Beau. It's super sad though, I hate seeing him afraid of anything! Any tips on that??
He is still a horribly picky eater. I've pretty much given up. He will eat any fruit (favs are melon, apples and grapes), most veggies (favs are carrots & cucumbers), plain noodles, bread/buns, crackers/pretzels, gogurt, cold cereal and not much else. And of course anything sweet. Sad, right?
Concerning the above, I was terrified to take him into the doctor, thinking that he'd have stopped growing all together. However, he is growing great!
44 lb (84%) 43 in (74%)
Size 5T-6 and 13 shoe.
His best friend at school, from what he tells us, is Xalen.
He LOVES the trampoline. He goes out multiple times a day to play.
He is in the WHY phase... He asks a bajillion questions a day and wants to know everything about everything!

No comments:
Post a Comment