Thursday, August 13, 2009

big red puffy eyes.

warning: lots of rambling

honestly, i don't know why i do this to myself. i have spent the morning reading adoption blogs, and as a result have little to no mascara left. they suck me in like nothing else. especially the ones written by the birth mothers. i just have to say that birth mothers are some pretty amazing people. someday i'll thank mine, not soon, but someday. i want to let her know how grateful i am for her decision. and for the amazing life she allowed me to have. it breaks my heart to read some of those blogs. i couldn't imagine giving up your baby like that, the selflessness it must take, but then again i couldn't imagine waiting for someone to choose to give their baby to me either. i don't know if i could handle wanting a baby so bad, and not being able to do anything about it. adoptive parents are awesome, the faith and patience they have is incredible. i know that watching Jason and Heidi adopt Brielle made me understand and appreciate what my parents went through a lot more. and just like i feel 100% a part of my family i know that she is 100% a part of theirs. The past year or so, i have come to be a lot more like my mom. looks, attitude, personality, likes, dislikes, even my little brother says i am morphing into her. and you know what, i am darn proud. all it does is reassure me that i was meant to be in the family im in, i just had to come about another way. okay so i am done rambling... for now. and not to make this sound like a church talk, but i just want to leave you with a quote i love.

'Childbirth is an act of nature, adoption is an act of God.'


my mom gave my brother and i this book for christmas. if you have adopted, are adopted, are trying to adopt, know someone who is trying to adopt, know someone who has adopted, know someone who is adopted, buy it, read it, and cry.

5 comments:

n.davis said...

i can relate to this to. i'm not adopted by another mother, just by my dad. but it's still such an incredible thing to learn about. i'm totally going to read this.
you're so sweet..and for reals, you're already making me tear up. haha.
{prego weakness}

Hopie said...

Amen, amen, amen, amen, 1 million times, AMEN!!! I KNOW that I'm supposed to be in the family.... exactly the way I am in this family. Just like you, I have such a sense of belonging!!! In my family, I'm the only one that's adopted out of the 6 girls, so I get to rub it in that I'm the one they WANTED!!!! Aren't we so blessed?

Tere Shake said...

i agree. I have always loved hearing from those that dont know i am adopted that i look just like my daddy and have the great personality of my mother. It always made me feel like special. i know that they are my true parents and cant thank my biological mother enough!

Erin said...

Oh my... I totally forgot that you were adopted. You really do look so much like your mom, isn't it so special. I love adoption stories, I know many people who struggle with getting pregnant and have adopted, it just gives me chills. What amazing women who are so selfless and can do this to make someone else sooooooo happy. I LOVE IT.

kathy said...

Awwwww..... you know how to make your mom smile! You were and always will be the best mother's day present I have ever received! Love ya lots!

our anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

A Marriage Prayer

"Lord, help us to remember when we first met and the strong love that grew between us. To work that love into practical things so nothing can divide us. We ask for words both kind and loving and hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive. Dear Lord, we put our marriage into your hands."