Thursday, September 8, 2011

Happy First Birthday Blake!

My baby is ONE! ONE? really? was it that long ago? It feels like just last week I was laying in that hospital bed waiting for our new little man to arrive!
That was such a happy, hard, emotional day for us! I remember vividly how scared I was going into surgery that night. But I would do it a million times over again to get my baby boy here! He brings so much happiness into our home! He is always, always smiling, he loves to make other people happy! I could not ever imagine our lives without him! Here are a few things about Mr. B at 12 months.

Stats: 22lbs 2 oz  (he wouldnt sit still long enough for me to check his height)
He has 4 teeth now, both bottom front, and the top front, along with the one next to it, and 2 more working there way through!
 
New Skills: He started walking about 2 weeks ago, he started taking a few steps at a time, and now he is up to 5-6 steps in between things. It wont be long until he is walking all over the place! He can stand for as long as he wants without falling, and can also stand up in the middle of the floor without anything to grap onto. He can say mama, dada, teee (kitty), deee(woody), mmmmm (yummy) ni-ni (night night) kk (elk) nana (nono). He has VERY good fine motor skills! He can press individual buttons, he is good at putting thinsg into cups etc.
 
Favorite foods: He is a really good eater, he will eat just about anything you give him. He really loves finger foods, like peas, goldfish and fruit cups. He is officially off formula and onto milk, he never had a problem with the switch luckily. He is drinking out of a sippy cup great! He only gets a bottle to go to bed now.
 
Favorite Things: He loves trucks, and will drive them abound all day. He still loves Shrek 4, and now he also likes Toy Story, but not nearly as much as shrek! He loves Beau's cell phone and remotes. He got a walker for his birthday that he likes to walk around with! He likes toys that make noise (much to my dissmay!), books, cupboards, mirrors, paper, being in the shower and he LOVES balloons.
He DOESN'T like: getting dressed, sitting through church, broccoli (I think it's the texture)

Blake is the best little boy ever! I feel so blessed to be able to raise him as our son! Don't get me wrong, he knows exactly how to press my buttons, but he is such a sweetheart I can't ever stay mad! I get a little sad sometimes thinking about how fast he is growing, but watching him learn and develop is the most rewarding thing I have ever done in my life!
We love you Buster! Happy 1st Birthday!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday Blake. Cute Pictures

n.davis said...

Happy birthday Blake!!! He is such a cute little dude!
And seriously, what is up with shrek..that's sophs favorite too. Hahah. Silly kids!

Spencer and Mindy said...

way cute pics (love the polka-dot balloon). he's adorable! Happy birthday!

Cassidy & Shawn Marshall said...

very cute pictures! I love the how you used a balloon, nice touch. He is such a cute little guy.

Hopie said...

I can't believe it's been a year!!! Happy birthday little man!!!

our anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

A Marriage Prayer

"Lord, help us to remember when we first met and the strong love that grew between us. To work that love into practical things so nothing can divide us. We ask for words both kind and loving and hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive. Dear Lord, we put our marriage into your hands."