Monday, September 12, 2011

Party-Hardy!

I am way way late with posting about Blake's birthday party! We actually had it the Saturday before his actual birthday because it was Peach Days and we figured everyone would already be in Hurricane.
It was a pirate theme and I did everything in orange and turquoise. I had a lot of fun planning it! I don't think I went too overboard, but it turned out super cute I thought!
We had roast beef sandwiches, potatos salad, maccaroni salad, jello salad, and orange/turquoise cupcakes. I made a movie of pictures from Blake's first year that we had playing, there were lots of balloons, and anchors hanging all over!
Blake in his Birthday shirt...
the cupcakes... turquoise with orange frosting and orange with turquoise frosting.
I made the cupcake toppers and just had them printed at costco.

 I HAD to put up some of his pictures! :)
The cake.



welcome sign on the front door.
Captain Blake and Uncle Scottie
Daddy helping open presents
Pirate Presley
He was SO funny with his cake! He would just take little tiny pinches of frosting and eat them. We finally had to shove his hands into the cake to get him going!
Singing Happy Birthday
He got lots of cars and trucks! His FAVORITE!
He got tons and tons of gifts! We are so grateful to everyone that came to his party! Blake is so loved!

3 comments:

The brackens said...

So cute!!!! Is it wierd if Ive started planning Rydgeys! lol!!! Im glad you had such a GREAT birthday Blake!!! I cant believe you are 1!!!! Shesh...

sandy said...

What a fun party it was, you are so creative and made it so fun. What a fun day for Blake to spend with family and cousins.

Lisa and Devin Graff said...

So super cute! You are so creative and crafty! I love it. You inspire me! haha His birthday turned out so cute, I love it. Good luck with year two!

our anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

A Marriage Prayer

"Lord, help us to remember when we first met and the strong love that grew between us. To work that love into practical things so nothing can divide us. We ask for words both kind and loving and hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive. Dear Lord, we put our marriage into your hands."