Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Lalalooove Day.

We had a wonderful Valentines day here at our house! Blake and I started the day freezing our butts off for a walk to the park!
Sorry for the horrible picture... it's off my phone. Blake loves the swings! I texted Beau this picture and told him that we are DEFINITELY getting swings in our backyard this summer! 
We got Blake mega blocks for Valentines. He had been playing with Bailey's the other day and really seemed to like them, so we figured it was a safe bet! And he LOVES them! SCORE!
So the week before, we were shopping, and I asked Beau if he wanted to go all out for Valentines, or if we should set a spending limit. We decided that since we have been spending way too much money lately, and with the new car and how much the backyard is going to cost, we would set a $10 limit and just get each other something small.
I want to know where he found both of these for under ten dollars.....
Punk.
Beau said that he didn't cheat, because technically it was from Blake. Thanks Blake :)
I felt like a loser handing him his bag full of reeses hearts and Mt. dew. I totally should of known better.
He did tell me if I thought we didnt really need it that bad, I could return it and buy clothes. I don't think he thought before that came out of his mouth ;) But I have contemplated using the $$ for something fun for the backyard, like a swingset or playhouse... but I do really REALLY REALLY miss my gps. We'll see what we decide. Either way, it was a really sweet gift!
 side note... we already had a GPS. Had being the key word. It got stolen out of our car about a year ago. Seriously... in Hurricane? In front of our house? That'll teach us. Kinda like how our truck got egged. People suck.
Anyways... back to the story.
Beau didn't get home form work till around 6:30, so I had dinner ready for him, or so I thought. I made these pizza chicken rolls, asparagus and breadsticks... the breadsticks and asparagus were so good. The chicken tasted absolutely disgusting. It went straight to the garbage. Sad day. So I improvised and turned the breadsticks into pizza sticks, which are thankfully one of Beau's favorite dinners, so it was a win-win. I was bummed that I botched dinner... but Beau was sweet about it.
Good thing I had brownies to make up for it. In the shape of hearts no less. Beau was impressed. I need to invest in a heart shaped muffin tin. It would make things much easier rather than cutting those puppies by hand.
All in all... Valentines was WONDERFUL. I love both my boys so much! I'm so in love with my little family.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Awh...stef, I love it!!! I know the feeling of handin' him the "bottle of Mtn. Dew, and reeses" and him giving you the whole world! Guys are thoughtful punks...but we love'em! :) Ps. Your brownies turned out SOOO CUTE!

our anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

A Marriage Prayer

"Lord, help us to remember when we first met and the strong love that grew between us. To work that love into practical things so nothing can divide us. We ask for words both kind and loving and hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive. Dear Lord, we put our marriage into your hands."