Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The sun will come out tomorrow.

This is figurative and literal for me today. I had a crummy day. But I'm not going to go into that.
Blake is being super duper busy these days. Still not eating much, I'm trying not to stress too much about it, I know he will eat when he wants to, but those times are few and far between he only ever wants cereal or craisins. I did go get him some of those 'Who-Nu' cookies, they have like tons of fiber and protien and vitamins and stuff, and he loves them, score! I'm going to switch him over to greek yogurt when I get the chance to go to walmart next, because he will eat yogurt.
The other day he was sick and whiney and I couldn't handle it anymore. I had seen 'sensory bins' (it's just rice in a bin with cups/spoons/toys) on pinterest, and I thought he was a tad young for them, but I tried it anyways. It kept him busy for like 5... maybe 10 minutes, then he was over it. It actually didn't make as big of a mess as I was expecting, so in my mind, it was totally worth the set up and clean up. Don't mind his attire. It was one of those lazy days. :)


Saturday morning Beau had a few of his buddies come over and pour curb. It was rather hillarious watching them. But they got it done! We put Blake's handprint in the cement and he HATED it. When we pour the porch extension we are going to make a paver with his handprint so that when we move we will be able to take it with us, and so we can do one of each of our kids to match.
Do you see the red on the sidewalk? Yeah, that is all over our back porch. It's like the glue from the carpet that used to be there. We are hoping to get it off with a power washer, but we'll see.
Do you realize how hard it is to write in cement. fyi... it's a pain in the rear.
Beau has started digging for sprinklers, and hopefully this weekend if the weather cooperates, we will get the sandbox in, which means... we could plant grass next week! I am crossing my fingers. and my toes. and my eyes.
Saturday late afternoon Beau took Blake fishing while I got a break. The word 'break' took on an entirely different meaning when I had Blake. My breaks are filled with unloading the dishwasher, folding laundry, and mopping and chores that are nearly impossible with a 18 month old running around. But this break, I sat on the couch and watched TV for a whole hour and a half. Then for date night Sandy and Aleen watched the little mister while we went to JB's (which was nasty) and then grocery shopping. Hot, I know.
We are exciting like that.

2 comments:

The Christy's said...

That is a very hot date, I must admit. We do the same thing.
On my breaks I clean my house too. But I do it when my kids are aroundd too. Miss Kenna is a tornado and my house is seriously destroyed ALL of the time. But I clean it up, I really do.
Fun about the yard!! Spending money so the kids can play outside is a very worthy investment.
And I'm sorry you had a crappy day. I have those too and on those days I want to just be mad.

Lisa and Devin Graff said...

I totally know what you mean about your "break time". Right now tynlee is so busy, messy, and gets into everything, i feel like i don't have a minuet to do anything until she goes down for a nap... then i spend that time cleaning up lunch, and all of her mess, and by the time I'm done with that i maybe have 30 min before she wakes up... haha! Its days like that, that I'm glad I'm not preggo with another one! I seriously look up to the moms that can have kids close together! not me:) i hope the weather works out great for you! sorry i totally wrote a novel on here:)

our anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

A Marriage Prayer

"Lord, help us to remember when we first met and the strong love that grew between us. To work that love into practical things so nothing can divide us. We ask for words both kind and loving and hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive. Dear Lord, we put our marriage into your hands."