Friday, August 10, 2012

baby on the brain.

(I have got to just get this stupid post finished. I have been adding to it for like a week)
Thank you all for the sweet comments on here and on Facebook! We are over the moon!
We decided we've gotten pretty lucky at planning babies! This one only took a month... just like Mr. B! It will probably come back to haunt us later, and we will get suprise triplets when all of our kids are grown up. But for now, we are feeling so blessed.
I was the one who took a lot of convincing this time around. I wasn't sure I would ever be ready, and Beau has been ready for almost a year now! Plus, everyone and their dog was asking when we were going to have another. And as much as I agreed, I got really annoyed that people felt like they could make that decision for us. But finally, it felt right, and we knew it was time to add to our family. So we went for it!
We kind of knew we were preggo, so it wasn't a huge suprise. I was like 4 days late and just had a feeling.
Blake and I went up to Beaver to visit Beau at work, and I stopped at Walmart in Cedar City to pick up a test. We joked that it was probably the sleaziest thing ever, taking a pregnancy test in the Beaver Lodge bathroom. But about 5 minutes later, I went back into the bathroom, and there it was.
2 pink lines.
Pure Happiness right there I tell ya.
We discussed how long we were going to keep this to ourselves, and decided to wait a week or so.
I've gotten a few comments about how 'brave' we are for telling people this soon. And while I am fully aware of the risks in the first trimester, we decided we felt good about telling everyone.
I have to say, this pregnancy has felt so different from the first, I do not remember feeling this nauseous or tired with Blake. I literally can't walk around for more that 5 minutes before I get super dizzy and nauseous. I didn't get sick with blake until about 8 weeks, this time it started around 6 weeks.  Food is my best friend and my worst enemy. I've been eating whatever sounds good... watermelon, toast, hot chocolate, peach oatmeal, wendys spicy chicken sandwiches, granola bars, and a few other things. I have really been craving KFC mashed potatoes, but I havn't made it over there yet.
My day pretty much goes like this....
Wake up at 9:00 am. (Yes Blake sleeps till 9. I am a lucky mamma)
I lay on the couch and sip hot chocolate until about 10:00 while Blake eats
Lay on the floor and attempt play or watch movies until 12:00
Eat anything that sounds appetizing
We both take a nap until about 4:00 (again, lucky mamma)
Blake eats... I munch on whatever I can fathom eating
lay/play until 8:00
we both go to bed. I pray for Beau to call so I can go to sleep.

Seriously. That's been my day for the past 2 weeks.
It is pathetic. I know. But I feel dead. I don't throw up, so I don't feel like I should be complaining. but it still sucks! I have been taking Unisom, which helps a little. I am just hoping it goes away as soon as Blake's did. I got better at 12 weeks with him. Which would be in just over 4 weeks. I can make it till then.
Something funny.... I finished repainting the dresser I bought. And seriously I can't even look at it. I started getting sick when I was in the middle of finishing it and now everytime I even glance at it for more that 3 seconds, I feel like I am going to hurl. No joke. It's actually pretty comical, because I know its totally a pshycological thing.

I do have to add some positive notes to this post however, because I don't want to look back and think I wasn't enjoying this. I am so incredibly happy. I love being pregnant. I love knowing that there is a new sweet spirit so close to joining our little family. I love knowing that he or she is spending their last moments with our family on the other side. I can't wait to feel that wonderful peace with the veil being so thin as we bring this wonderful blessing into the world. I am so excited for the opportunity to raise another child, to be a new mommy all over again. It is truly the most divine opportunity that I can imagine. I am so grateful for the trust my Heavenly Father has in Beau and I to raise such an amazing little buddy, and to get to do it all over again. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to carry children, it is the most amazing and rewarding experience I know I will ever have the opportunity to be a part of.
It is worth it.
Every sleepless night, every outrageous hospital bill, every nauseous moment...
It is so incredibly worth it.

4 comments:

Spencer and Mindy said...

It is so worth it! I love hearing girls say they enjoy being preggers. I loved every moment of both of my pregnancies...makes me really sad (i'm obviously baby hungry) that i dont know if i'll ever be able to have those moments again. So ENJOY IT. LOVE IT. Its only a small moment in time...You snd beau are such great parents! Congrats again!

Lisa and Devin Graff said...

I loved reading this post! You are so adorable! I am so happy for you and beau. You are wonderful parents!

sandy said...

We are so happy for you and Beau and a new grandchild. We would be happy to take Mr Blake anytime. Sure hope your feeling better soon. Id be happy to bring you those mashed potatoes after work:)

The Stratton's said...

I was counseled to eat more protein and it would help with the nausea junk. It's true too. As much protein as you can work in you will see little rewards all along. Less dizziness and nausea. More energy. Do your best. You'll feel better soon :)

our anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

A Marriage Prayer

"Lord, help us to remember when we first met and the strong love that grew between us. To work that love into practical things so nothing can divide us. We ask for words both kind and loving and hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive. Dear Lord, we put our marriage into your hands."