I feel like I should blog more. Then maybe I wouldn't have to blog about so many things at once! I guess I'll start with the important stuff and then get to the rambling.
Last week was my elk hunt. To be honest, Beau was way more excited than I was. I was just stressed about finding babysitters, leaving Blake every day, and how much we were spending on gas. But we got to spend lots and lots of time together, so it was all worth it! :)
This is not the best picture, I realize that, but it was the last day hunting and I needed to just take one. We were both running on very little sleep and you can tell.
Funny story about the last day of the hunt though, I totally forgot to bring shoes. Yup. We get all the way up the mountain, get ready to pack up and start hiking, and I realize I didn't bring any shoes. Brilliant.
Thursday we had our medical ultrasound. I was a tad worried they would tell me 'she' magically turned into a 'he'. But very first thing when she put the wand on my belly, she said "Still a girl!" I was relieved because... well, I'll get to that later. :) My mom came with us to the ultrasound, since she has never been to one. Plus, I always end up dragging her to the boring doctor appointments with me, so I figured it was only fair she get to come to a fun one! Baby girl looks absolutely perfect and healthy! She is 11 oz, and has a teeny tiny head! Which is a good thing, because if she continues that way, there's a chance I wont have to have a c-section! We'll see though! However we can get her here safely is fine by me!
I am feeling really good! Just tired, but nothing to complain about. A few pregnancy tidbits:
-I am totally ready for bed at 7:30, but I wake up at 6 am.
-I am always hungry. I crave cuties oranges like a mad man, also doritos, apples, durangos, bell peppers, pizza, chocolate milk, pepsi and anything SPICY! The hotter, the better!!
-I feel her kick all day long, especially when I'm sitting or bent over. Beau can feel her quite a bit too.
-Quin is still the name of choice. I like Grace for a middle name. Quin Grace. But Beau isn't a fan at all. That subject has been put on the backburner for now.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I ADORE being pregnant! Sure, it's uncomfortable and exhausting, but I love it. I know I'll be sad when this time in my life ends. It makes me so happy!
My life seems to be consumed with baby girl projects lately. I finally got the fabric to cover her crib bumper. I knew I would never be able to find one I wanted in the store in a million years, so I've recruited Beau's mom to help me! I'll post pictures of that when I find the fabric for the crib sheet and skirt. But the basic colors are pale pink, aqua and green. Maybe some yellow.
I did find the fabric for her carseat cover. I fell in love with the pattern in vegas at Hobby Lobby, the back fabric took me longer to decide on, but I finally found something I loved. Now just to get it made. We are using Blake's carseat again, just because it's pretty gender neutral (grey and green) and it held up awesome, but it was a little tricky finding fabric that would match really well.
(the colors look a little off in the picture, they arent so purpley in person)
On Friday we went down to Logandale to see beau's sister and her family. Since Beau had been working crazy hours in Beaver for over a year, he hadn't been down to see their new house. So we pretty much just made a day of it! The boys went coyote hunting 90% of the day, which left us girls to watch 2 two year olds, a new born and I lots track of how many other kids ended up over there during the day! The guys were nice enough to bring back lunch, however! Side story, so you know how Blake is the worlds pickiest eater? Well Beau sat down to eat, and Blake climbed right up in his lap, grabbed a chicken nugget and started chowing down! beau yelled for me to come look and we were both just in shock! Anyways, so the boys went back out hunting and Heidi taught me to make bows. She is a phenomenal bow maker and I was excited for her to show me! With all the kids running around, we only got a few made, but it was lots of fun! I'll post pictures of those when I get the rest finished and somewhat organized!
she also sent up home with 7... that's right I said SEVEN bags of baby clothes! I've said how amazing my sister in laws are before, but really this proves it! We are so grateful! thanks Heid!
This is what my living room looked like the next day. Beau was overwhelmed with the pink.
and now what her closet and dresser look like. I had to take out everything bigger than 0-3 months, and they're still jam packed! this weekend we are installing a second rod in the closet and getting a bigger dresser.
I told Beau I was probably good not to shop for a week. ;) But in all actuality, I think we are probably set, except for a double stroller and a new pack a play. which is a good thing, because I was worried about having to buy EVERYTHING new for a girl! Which I'm realizing is quite expensive!
Speaking of expensive, we bought a camp trailer yesterday. I'm a little stressed out about spending all that money this close to Christmas, but it was a screaming deal, and we've been looking for over a year now. When we went to see it it was being detailed, so we pick it up Friday, then I'll post pictures. It's a little smaller than what we were hoping for, but for how new it is, we couldn't pass it up. Now if we just had a place to go camping soon!
Beau is officially no longer working in Beaver! YAY! We are hoping and praying that he will be in town for awhile, but for now, we are enjoying having him here! It had been over a year since he started up there, and towards the end, they were working 6 days a week some weeks. I know it's all going to be worth it someday, and that the generation before him went through the same thing, if not worse, but it's HARD having your husband gone all week! I was an emotional wreck the past few months. So I'm just glad that (for now) it's over!
Blake has been beau's shadow every since he's been home. He is constantly hanging on his leg, or climbing on his lap. I don't think Beau minds so much ;)
Speaking of Blake... guess who got a big boy bed!?
I was dreading this day. #1 because it means my baby is growing up. #2 because I thought it would be HARD! But... it wasn't! It was easy! We set up his bed last week and I had originally planned on leaving his crib up and in his room for at least a few more months, but after getting everything arranged, I realized there was no way that was happening! So the crib came down. The first night beau put him to bed by himself because I was busy. I never even realized what happened! No crying, no whining, he just layed down and went to sleep! Night 2 he cried for maybe 5 minutes, and then stopped. we went in to check on him 20 minutes later and he was fast asleep on his bed! Every night since then he will cry for 2-3 minutes, and then get in bed, and go to sleep! We have had to start to lock his door, because if he can get out in those 2-3 minutes, he will! But it's been wonderful! He still sleeps from 8- 8, and will even take decent naps! We covered his top window with a valance that Beau made to block out the sun, and now his room is so dark all day long, which really helps.
I'm in the process of redecorating his room, which is why everything looks so awkward. We are doing a Lodge/Outdoors theme. Surprise, I know. ;) Beau is pretty excited to hang his deer head in there! So is Blake for that matter. He loves animal heads!
I'm going to wrap this up now, because it's getting to be a tad lengthy. Hopefully I'll be better at posting more often, so I wont have to post about everything at once!





1 comment:
I love reading about everything! I love all the girl clothes haha Its so hard not to go crazy. I am glad you are feeling pretty good. I so glad blake did so well with the big boy bed! Iv been so worried that tyn would struggle with it so i have put it off! Good luck with everything!
Post a Comment