Monday, September 16, 2013

Blake is 3!

Blake's third birthday was so much fun! 
It's always so fun to have everyone over, and this year we invited more kids, so it was extra fun!
I did a Plane theme this year. Beau thinks I went a little overboard... I don't think I did enough. Go figure. I always feel like I have to defend myself when I do big parties for me kids. But they are important to me! My mom always did big parties for us every year, and they always had a theme. I had mermaid parties, princess parties, rollerblading parties... they were always so fun, and I REMEMBER! I want my kids to remember their birthdays! I want them to see that I took the time to plan and prepare for their special day. I'm not saying ANYTHING against moms who don't do big parties, but it's just one of the ways I feel like I can show my kids that I love them.
Ok I'm done defending.
Back to the party!
Blake LOVED all the decorations! He thought all the clouds and plane on the walls were so cool! He was pretty sad when I took it all down! We made Pulled Pork sandwiches and had a bunch of salads, and then I just made cupcakes that looked like clouds. 
He got lots and lots of fun gifts! We got him a bike for his big gift, and then some stuff for school and a few other little things. 
After his party we took him to see the movie Planes with his cousins, and he loved it! He sat through it amazingly well for a 3 year old! 
All in all, I think he had a great birthday weekend! 
I'll be getting his 3 year old post up as soon as I can get pictures taken! :)






On the morning of his birthday.... Waffles and blueberries. His ultimate favorite foods!




1 comment:

rick.and.kels said...

you throw the cutest parties! you should be a little party planner :)

our anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

A Marriage Prayer

"Lord, help us to remember when we first met and the strong love that grew between us. To work that love into practical things so nothing can divide us. We ask for words both kind and loving and hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive. Dear Lord, we put our marriage into your hands."