Monday, September 16, 2013

life is amazing.

It's been a crummy few days at our house. At least for Quinn and I, that is. I seriously can't believe how much I take my health for granted. I have had NO energy the past few days and my house has seriously payed the price. Thankfully I have a wonderful husband who picks up the slack and lets me take a nap everyday. I'm hoping I'm on the mend, and to be honest, I should be cleaning something, or putting up the other half of my fall decor that's all over the living room floor, but the kids are both asleep at the same time, which is a rarity these days, so I am laying on the couch blogging. 
At least dinner is in the crockpot. 
I'll take my wins where I can get them!

So Blake started preschool! 
We now officially have a kid in school, which completely blows my mind! 
I took him in on his first day, and he was totally cool with it! Not one tear! He was a little irritated when they made him go back over to the door and get his name 'frog' to put it on the chart, so I took that as my cue for the teacher to take over and I left. I emailed her the next day and asked her how things went and she said he did good. I'm not sure is she means "He did SOOO GOOOD!!!" or "...well...he did good." But at least she didn't say he did horrible! I really think he had a great time, because he was all smiles when I picked him up!
Today was his first day on the bus. Not too sure how I am feeling about that yet. The bus comes at 8:20, and he doesn't start school until after 9:00. Then they get out at 11:00... and today he didn't get home until 11:40!! That's almost 2 hours just on the bus! The bus driver said he had a meltdown because they wouldn't let him on the first bus, and he thought he was getting left. He didn't realize there were 2 busses. It broke my heart. I really do still feel like he is so young to be going on the bus! Especially for that long! So we will see if we continue with it, or if I end up taking him. 


In Quinners news.... she got her ears pierced! Yay! I am absolutely in love with them! I kind of wish we would of done them sooner because I just think they look so stinking cute! 
Beau ended up holding her because I was freaking out, and he just happened to be with us because he had gone to the doctors with us. She started crying because Beau had to hold her head down, and she was irritated, and then the actually piercing made it worse, but after that she was fine. They haven't bugged her at all, every once in awhile she will reach back and notice they are there, but she doesn't pull at them or anything. I think it's just like her bows, they are just a part of life to her! ;)



Is she not to die for? I am loving this stage that she's in! 

I have been really thinking about another baby over the past month or so. Odd, I know. I just feel like Quinn is SOO easy, that I really could handle it, and if we're going to have more, we might as well have them quick! I just have this overwhelming feeling that we aren't done.tyi Beau, however, is just recently even opening up to the idea of having another baby at all. He was so set on just having two. Baby steps. No pun intended.

I am so ready for fall to be here. I am over the heat, and the $300 utility bills. Bluck. I was so excited for it to warm up, so I could send Blake outside to play. Turns out, we can't do that, its too blasted hot out! I've been trying to find structured things for him to do inside, but he is so good at playing by himself, I'll admit, somedays he will just play around the house, eat lunch, watch a movie, play some more, and then poof. Dinner and bed. It's been nice at least having him in school so I have somewhat of a game plan for the week. Like this week he's been learning about the color red, and circles so I can work on those with him.

Potty training is officially on the calendar for this weekend. EEK! I am absolutely terrified. Like, beyond scared out of my mind. Everyone says boys are hard. Not to mention, everyone has an opinion of how to go about it. Naked method, 3 day method, pull-ups, undies, floor potty, potty insert.... its overwhelming. I have no idea where to start. I just know he's ready. so we are going to just do it.

Beau got an Elk in the archery hunt this year! So proud of him! He is such a great guy. All the way around. He LOVES hunting SOO much. It's really his passion, besides his family, we always come first to him. Every day of the hunt he would make sure that I was okay with him going, and that I didn't need his help with anything. I am so happy that he got one.
One hunt down... 3 or 4 more to go!

That's about all the big news in the Stratton household. I feel like we need something big to look forward to. A vacation or something. Scottie boy comes home in just over a month actually! That's big! I can't believe it's been 2 years already! Hopefully I'll post before then, but if not. There's something to look forward to! ;)


3 comments:

Maria Nielson said...

That's a huge elk! Shay went with his dad and uncles, but no one got anything.. I'm in the same boat you are with the baby thing!! I am overjoyed that I'm not the only one, ha ha! Nora's not even 5 months and it's like I want to just keep going. Shay thinks I'm crazy.. I wanna just knock em' out, you know?? Are you loving having in school? I feel like that's what emery needs, she gets so bored..

The Beardalls said...

1. That is crazy that Blake is in preschool AND taking the bus! That is so awesome though! There isn't as many good options for preschools here in Vegas and they are crazy expensive so we are going to hold off another year.
2. Quinn is SO dang cute! We really really need to get together when I come up next I want to see her again! You are brave getting her ears pierced! It looks adorable!
3. Awesome elk Beau got! I have grown up to really appreciate that kind of thing and both Andy and I are kicking ourselves for not putting in for a hunt this year, we want the meat!
I hope you get feeling better soon! I will call when we are in hurricane next!

The Christy's said...

I was surprised when I read you weren't for sure stopping at two kids! I thought you were so I'm happy for you!
I often have the urge for another baby which is why I have three little ones. This is the biggest gap we've had and while I'm not ready quite yet, the urge is starting. Scary!
Super cute pics!
Potty training is tricky but I think the best advice is if you're sure he is ready, then don't give up! Day four ish tends to be really hard. He'll be doing pretty good and then have a super crappy day but don't give in!

our anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

A Marriage Prayer

"Lord, help us to remember when we first met and the strong love that grew between us. To work that love into practical things so nothing can divide us. We ask for words both kind and loving and hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive. Dear Lord, we put our marriage into your hands."