Sunday, March 26, 2017

Huntington Beach

Day 1 of our trip was mostly spent driving. We left Hurricane at 5:00 am, which really felt like 4:00 am, because of daylight savings that took place that day. But I don't think it really phased anyone too much to leave that early. The night before, we packed the car and got everything ready, so that morning all we had to do was get dressed and hit the road. Quinn had a fever the night before, which was no fun, but she seemed fine in the morning. 
We picked up Sandy first, and then headed to Walmart to buy a few things that I missed (shoelaces for Blake, Ibuprofin, and most importantly, a new adapter for our portable DVD players. After that was done, we picked my mom up and were on our way!
Beau did most of the driving, and I chatted his ear off while the 5 in the back seat slept till Vegas. We stopped in Primm, just after vegas and I took over driving for the next few hours, and then Beau started again once we got to Barstow. 
We got into Huntington Beach at about 12:00, which was perfect. We walked over to Subway for lunch and then headed down to the shore to play. 




The beach was fun! I did decide that I'm not really a beach kind of girl anymore, at least not with kids. There were a lot of people, and all I could think about was getting to the hotel and rested for the next day! 
Blake LOVED the ocean. LOOOVED it. He was in the water the entire time we were there, constantly jumping over waves, looking for shells, and chasing the tide. He could have stayed there all day long! It made me want to go back and stay at the beach house we used when we did our SanDiego trip. 
Quinn was a little less enamored, but she still had a lot of fun! She loved the water, but got crushed by a few waves, and after each one she'd complain about being cold, wet and "scared" (in a very dramatic voice) 
Beck loved the sand and the pringles, not so much the water!
After a couple of hours, we packed up and headed to Walmart for some groceries before finding our hotel and turning in for the night.










After getting groceries, we got to the hotel with little trouble. That it, until I went to check us in! Backup… In the beginning we had planned to make our trip Monday-Friday, and after some advice, decided to switch it and add another day. I'd wanted to add on Saturday, but the hotel room for just that night was like $350! So we added sunday instead. Well, apparently, when I called and added Sunday to our stay, there was some miscommunication on their end, and they didn't get our reservation! So I spent almost an hour trying to get things taken care of. Other than that, things went smoothly and we were able to run across the street and grab IHOP for dinner before getting to sleep early!

No comments:

our anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

A Marriage Prayer

"Lord, help us to remember when we first met and the strong love that grew between us. To work that love into practical things so nothing can divide us. We ask for words both kind and loving and hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive. Dear Lord, we put our marriage into your hands."