Sunday, March 19, 2017

Quinn :: 4 years

I can't believe that this sweet girl is FOUR! She is the princess of the family, that's for sure! I wish I could bottle up all her personality and save it for the day when she's a sassy teenager and I need to remember how sweet she once was! Ha!
She's still our tiny girl! She had her 4 year well check this week and she's in about the 35% for her age! When you get her next to other kids her age, or even kids younger than her, you can just tell that she's small! She still wears mostly 2T clothes, even down to 12 months some times! I mostly buy her 3T though, so she can grow into them. She LOVES skirts! She loves to be dressed up and pretty, but not uncomfortable. I have a hard time keepin things like jean jackets on her, because they are "itchy", she says. Shoes are also something she loves! Which is funny to me, because I couldn't care less about shoes!
She loves attention! I'm not sure if it's a middle child thing, or that she's the only girl, but she loves to have all eyes on her, or be in front of the camera. Unless she is in trouble, then if you even look at her she will bite your head off.
She goes to preschool on mondays and Wednesdays and really enjoys it! She eats lunch there, but hardly eats anything.
On the subject of her eating habits, she thinks she's picky, but I don't think she really is. Blake is VERY picky, and I think she just tries to copy him. But if we can get her to start eating before he sits down, she will eat better. She loves fruit, pb&j, quesadillas, grilled cheese, pasta, mac and cheese, cereal, and yogurt. We can get her to eat most things we have for dinner, but she does hate mashed potatoes and celery!
Tuesdays she has dance. There are days that she loves going, and some she doesn't. But I think she mostly enjoys it! She picks up on the dances rather quickly! She has a great memory!
Her favorite movies at the moment are Trolls and Moana. Just like every other child in America! She also loves to watch Eleana of Avelor on Disney Jr.
I potty trained her about, oh maybe 10 months ago?? I can't remember. I'd tried a few times and she showed no interest, so I didn't push it. Her preschool doesn't require potty training, however, her dance class did. So I took a week and made it happen. It was HARD. She had a lot of accidents and took FOREVER to go #2, but she finally got the hang of it! Night training was a piece of cake! She did that on her own!
She LOOOVES books!
She loves to play barbies!
She has a beanie baby thats a robin that she named Nella (not sure why?) but she loves that thing and brings her everywhere! She got a few Beanie Boos for her birthday, and now she's obsessed with those! She has a pink elephant named Sugar and a white/pink tiger named Taybor.
Her speech has improved be leaps and bounds over the last 6 months! It's amazing how much she talks now! And she totally talks like a teenager! She has the cutest dialect still though! She says thinks like "Tink you mom!" (Thank you mom)
She loves getting her hair done and to be told she looks gorgeous/pretty/beautiful!
Her favorite Disney princess is Belle.
She is a thrill seeker! At disneyland, all the rides she'd ask to go "higher!! Faster!! Higher!!"
I loved doing her pictures this year! Last year we struggled to get 2 photos that turned out, this year, I got more than I could have ever asked for!
She is truly a light in our home! Her sweet, mothering nature is really starting to come forward and she is always helping someone. We couldn't imagine life without her in it!




















No comments:

our anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

A Marriage Prayer

"Lord, help us to remember when we first met and the strong love that grew between us. To work that love into practical things so nothing can divide us. We ask for words both kind and loving and hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive. Dear Lord, we put our marriage into your hands."