Thursday, April 27, 2017

Bye bye binky.

We finally decided to get rid of Beck's Binky! I personally don't think that there is a right age for every kid that you need to get rid of it, but I just noticed a few things that made it feel like a good idea for him! He never really wanted it unless he could visually see it, and even then he would give it back to us if we asked. I also started to get annoyed when he had it when we were out in public, because he would try to talk around it and I was always fishing for it in my purse if I thought it would calm him down. So the other day one but was home for lunch I casually mentioned to him that I was thinking about taking it away… Next thing I know both had snapped the tip off of one of them! At first I freaked out a little bit! But back was still sucking on it like nothing was wrong, and all I could think about with all the germs that we're going to get inside of it, so I had him give it to me and then I cut the rest of it off, as well as the other Binky that he had, and I handed them back to him. He tried to bite on them for the rest of the day, but he never seemed upset or cried! That night he cried for about 10 minutes looking for it, and during the night he woke up a few times searching for it, but nothing too unbearable! It's been two nights and three days now, and it doesn't really seem like he misses that at all! I kept them around just so that if he ever thought about them he could visually see that they were "broken", and every once in a while he will pick one up and put it in his mouth and then say "kaka!" I think we can safely say that he is off the Binky! It was a lot easier than I, or Beau, expected!

No comments:

our anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

A Marriage Prayer

"Lord, help us to remember when we first met and the strong love that grew between us. To work that love into practical things so nothing can divide us. We ask for words both kind and loving and hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive. Dear Lord, we put our marriage into your hands."