beau just called me with some incredibly sad news. his 7th grade girlfriend Mandy Johnson was killed in a plane crash last night. i had never officially met her, just seen her at games for school and around town, but she seemed like an amazing person. she was also on the washington county royalty last year with my cousin megan. i had been having a really really bad day, and when he told me this, i realized that i need to stop complaining and be so greatful for all of the things that i have in my life, a wonderful husband, a temple marrige, an amazing family, and the gospel. please hug everyone you love today. because you never know.

Beau and Mandy (about 7th grade)
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=4082387
3 comments:
This post got me thinking... check out my blog.
I honestly can't believe it! It's still all so surreal. Mandy was a doll, and so sincere and willing to help out anyone in need! I'm truely blessed to have known her, and have a relationship with such a wonderful girl! My heart and prayers go out to all of the victims, their families and their friends! I know they are with our Heavenly Father, and are in his arms once again! I'm so thankful for my testimony of the Plan of Salvation!
You said it best Stef...we all just need to realize the fragility of life, and take each breath we are allowed on this earth...as a breath of a blessing!
I am for sure going to her funeral. I can't believe it either. I am still just in pure shock. One thing, you should get a copy of that picture and have beau give it to her mom. She would love to see it. A lot of people are getting photo's together and giving it to thier family and a letter with memories of mandy.
I have to agree with all you've said. I'm so glad that i'm so blessed with such a great husband and the temple sealing that we have. It's incredible how fast your life can be taken away.
I've decided you and I need to get together one of these times i'm down. I need a temple buddy when I visit without my husband. :D
Post a Comment