Friday, February 25, 2011

Our big boy




really?
is he honestly getting this big?
what happened to my baby?
I vividly remember holding this tiny (okay so he was never tiny) little boy in my arms a few days after we got home from the hospital and bawling knowing that he was never going to be that small ever again. I remember asking him to try and stay little as long as possible.

It honestly kills me how fast he is growing up, and he's only 5 months old.

When we were at the hospital after Tiff had her baby it took me right back to the night I had Blake. I remember sitting in the recovery room after waking up from my c-section and having to wait that grueling 45 minutes before I could see my baby. That was the longest 45 minutes of my life. I wasn't thinking about the pain, or how tired I was, or how my life was never going to be the same.

I just wanted to see that little boy.

And now he's a big boy.

I miss holding him in one arm, I miss having to hold his bottle for him, I miss him falling asleep in my lap. I think this is the hardest part about being a parent. Not the sleepless nights, or the messy house, or the lack of me time. Its watching him need me less and less every day.
Don't get me wrong, I love seeing him learn and grow, I am so excited for him to crawl, and walk, and become a BIG boy... but I'm gunna miss that little guy :(

What am I going to do when he turns 16?

4 comments:

Michon and Kaden said...

i couldn't have said it better! it really is sad how quickly they change. :(

sandy said...

Yes, and by 16 they don't need you so much. enjoy! enjoy! enjoy!

Maria Nielson said...

That post made me almost cry!!! :,( I don't even want to think about Em growing up. She seems older and older everyday (obviously she is but..you know).

Amberly Lindsay said...

Nice to know that I am not so crazy!! I have thought and done those exact same things. It really is a hard part of being a mommy, letting your kids grow. But they start needing you in a different way at every age. And every age is fun :)

our anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

A Marriage Prayer

"Lord, help us to remember when we first met and the strong love that grew between us. To work that love into practical things so nothing can divide us. We ask for words both kind and loving and hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive. Dear Lord, we put our marriage into your hands."