Monday, May 2, 2011

v-eh-ga-sss

I'm not sure why, but I really do like going to vegas! It's dirty and yucky and sleezy, but I always have a great time! My momma and I went down for her birthday to see Keith Urban in concert at Mandalay Bay. and we did just a little shopping ;) We dont shop on the strip, thats just not our thing. We go to Henderson, WOOT WOOT! It just seems so much more mellow there, and there are more stores that we shop at! Sorry but I'm not so into the high fashion name brand clothes, gimmie forever 21 and Charlotte Russe anyday :)
So anyways we started our with shopping, then dinner at Macaroni grill, which was super yummy! :)
Then we headed over to the strip. Now you have to understand that neither me or my mom are the best navigators. We have gotten lost a few times in vegas before, but I am proud to say that I got to Mandalay Bay without a single problem! But when we got OUT of the car, thats when the trouble started! We ended up parking kind of behind the casino next to the convention center. Well our tickets said the concert was in the EVENT center, so we decided to walk to the front desk and go from there. Easier said than done. After finding our way through the sea of taxis we followed some people to the lobby, and asked some lady where to go, she had NO clue what she was talking about. Tuns out... the convention center and event center are pretty much at the same place. great. a mile and a half of walking later.
The Concert though was AWESOME! We had thought it was going to be Keith Urban with John Mayer opening for him. Well, when we got there this girl and her mom sat next to us and she starts going ON and ON about John Mayer, and we were thinking it was weird that she came to see him open the show... she didnt even know who Keith Urban was! Turn out it was kind of like a crossroads thing, where they each sang some of their own songs, and then sang some together. It was really really good! John Mayer wasn't terribly exciting, but seeing the girl next to us BURST into tears when he came on stage was entertainment enough! She was absolutely hilarious! But Keith Urban did NOT disappoint! He is SOO good live! This was our second concert of his that we have been to, and although it wasn't as long since he had to share the time with John Mayer, it was still SO fun!
 


Now you may be asking what was happening at the home front while I was living it up in vegas?
I may have to backtrack a little for you to get the whole story.
Blake hadn't been feeling too well, mostly just diarrhea, but you could tell he was pretty miserable. Thursday night he had just eaten a bottle and was sitting on the floor, when all of a sudden he started puking EVERYWHERE, and not just baby spit up, this was full on vomit. (I HATE that word, but that's what it was!) We felt SO bad! We put him in the bath and put him down for bed a little early. Friday morning he seemed a tad better, just really tired and his diarrhea was a little worse, but we decided to take him with us and go down to Star Nursery to buy some trees. After we finished up there, we met my mom at her friends house to pick up a (huge) flat of strawberries she bought for us. Well Blake had a blowout all over himself, so I stayed out in the truck to change him while Beau went into the house to see all of the guy's animal heads (could he ever resist?) while I chnged the little mr. I could tell he still didn't feel well, and that became apparent when I put him into his carseat and he started dry heaving all over the place! it was so sad and scary. :( Needless to say we went strait home (with a quick stop at walmart for pedialite).
Helaman and Dawn came over for dinner that night, it was a lot of fun to see them! (and her cute baby belly!) we had roast and potatoes for dinner and strawberry shortcake for dessert! Then we chatted until way too late before they went home.
Now you are caught up to saturday, which is the day I was in vegas. Beau was so sweet to cancel all that he had planned to do that day so he could take care of our sick little boy. He is such a good hubby! I came home to a clean house and a refinished dresser!!! He had decided to surprise me and paint our dresser white (something I had been wanting to do for a long time) I'll post pictures after I antique it and get the hardware!
also...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY MOMMY!! (yesterday)
we went to dinner at my grandmas and then hung out for a little while until Blake's diarrhea forced us to head home :)
 I had to go out and take some pictures of our flowers the other day! They are SOO pretty! I love spring.
 umm.. I love this guy :) just sayin'.
So if you drive down telegraph after today, you'll notice something missing. Nissons is getting torn down today by Interstate Rock. Beau said they are getting a LOT of crap for it. But it's the city's decision! I'm sad to see it go! A lot of memories.
 On a much happier note. shopping +an already overstuffed closet=a HUGE DI pile. and a much cleaner closet!
see all those hangers that are empty? they ALL used to be full. Yeah I was proud of myself :) I did the same thing to Beau's side. It feels SO good to get rid of stuff. even if I did buy 11 new pairs or earrings. (which bring my total to 115. yeeeah.
 welp... I guess that's it for now! I'm off to start the never ending pile of laundry!

2 comments:

Javan and Heather Bowles said...

You and Beau are so freaking cute together! Blake is a stud too! I hope he gets feeling better!

I have a hard time cleaning out my closet, but it is the best feeling to give a good pile to the D.I. huh? I LOVE a newly cleaned closet! The problem is, it makes me want to buy stuff to fill it back up. haha

I am an earring addict too...I think I mentioned that on your last earring post. But, you can never have too many earrings right? :)

The brackens said...

Umm.... You should TOTALLY send your clothes to me!!!! hahah!!!!!!!!! Seriously, im NOT even kidding!!!!

Im glad you had fun in Ve-ha-gas! Poor Blake :( I hope he is getting better!!! So not a good thing when your baby is sick.. I HATE it!!!

our anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

A Marriage Prayer

"Lord, help us to remember when we first met and the strong love that grew between us. To work that love into practical things so nothing can divide us. We ask for words both kind and loving and hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive. Dear Lord, we put our marriage into your hands."