Thursday, July 14, 2011

Blake is 10 months!

(so he actually turned 10mo. on the 8th... but we've been crazy busy!)
Look at this kid! Really... could ya get any cuter!?
I cant believe how big he is getting! And smart! Yeah, I'm one of THOSE moms!
A bit about Blake at 10 months...
Stats: He is still tall and skinny! Everyone we talk to that asks how old he is can't believe he's only 10mo!
21 lbs 1 oz. (about 65th percentile) 30.5 in. (about 95th percentile)
according to gerber's tracker
Favorite foods: He will eat most anything really, he loves the raisin granola baby food and apples and oatmeal. He loves anything crunchy. He is OBSESSED with ice cream and snowcones. He doesnt like plain fruit, except for bananas.
Favorite Things: Loves his dump truck, and BOOKS!! I clean up his books at least 2-3 times a day!  He love love loves to watch Shrek 4, and Toy Story 3, we DVR'd them and they are the only shows he will watch. I need to get a few more pixar movies so we don't end up throwing Shrek out the window :) He loves being in the shower, or any water for that matter, being outside, swinging, when Beau comes home, to be tickled (he is SOOO ticklish!) being scared, getting thrown in the air, and making people laugh!
New Skills: He is EVERYWHERE now! He is up on couches, into my decorations, booking it down the hallway, getting into cupboards, opening drawers... you name it, he's into it! He crawls REALLY REALLY fast! it's like speed crawling! sometimes I cant get to him fast enough and he gets into things :)
 He can wave bye-bye, blow kisses, clap, and pat it and roll it (for pat-a-cake)
He knows eyes and mouth, and sometimes toes and nose. We are working on ears and head. 
We're working on animal sounds, but mostly he just wants to play with his flash cards.
He points to things, if you ask him where the deer or elk are, he knows exactly where to point, and he knows if it's the wrong one! He LOVES animal heads, just like his daddy! He was on cloud nine at Cabellas!
He LOVES to play peek-a-boo! Our morning ritual is to play it around the bars before he gets out of his crib.
He can stand for 10-20 seconds before he gets bored and takes off crawling.
 He blows spit bubble all day long.
 He likes to open and shut doors, our master bedroom door doesnt latch all the way, so if you push really hard it will open... well he has figured out how to kick it open and close it behind him!
 He babbles all day! He can say Dadda, Mamma, Baa (Bottle), ya, and he will repeat any vowel sound you make, like if I say something is green, he says "EEEEE!" If he has a book, he will talk at it forever!
He DOESNT like: being told no, the stupid tooth that is about to cut through, giving hugs, pickles and lemons (but I love his faces when he tastes them) runny baby food, his playpen, and... thats about it!

Blake is SUCH a good baby! He is so chill and layed back, he will sit and watch kids throw tantrums and look at them like "What is their problem?" Dont get me wrong... he has had his share of hand swats, but he is so easy going! He makes everyone around him happy, he will go to anyone without a problem. People everywhere comment on how happy he is! (and no, it NEVER gets old)
We are so lucky to have him in our family!
WE LOVE YOU BUSTER!!









Ps. I am SOO excited for his first birthday! I have already got SOO much planned! Beau thinks I'm nuts...  and maybe I am... a little :)

4 comments:

kathy said...

Yep, just when you think he can't get any cuter....he does! Love him!

sandy said...

Happy 10 months Blake. You sure have given us a Happy 10 months. I love these pictures!!!

The brackens said...

Ha!! I cant believe he is 10 Months!!! and he is SUCH a stud!!!!

Syd and Kade said...

Your little Blake is the cutest little boy I have ever seen! Congratulations! You are so blessed :) He makes me want one of my own so bad.

our anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

A Marriage Prayer

"Lord, help us to remember when we first met and the strong love that grew between us. To work that love into practical things so nothing can divide us. We ask for words both kind and loving and hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive. Dear Lord, we put our marriage into your hands."