Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Our Salt Lake Weekend... and a few other tidbits.

Whew. ONE more weekend of busy, and then hopefully our lives will slow down for a bit! I really have to say that I am glad to be home, and back into routine! Beau called from work this morning and said the same thing.Our family needs routine. I had a few pictures on my camera that were before the weekend that I needed to get on here...
This was Dawn's baby shower, it was really nice to see her! Since they moved to Monticello, we dont get to see them NEARLY as often as we would like. She is due with a little boy in August. And can I just say that EVERY one is having boys lately!! It's a good thing for Blake, before he was born, everyone was having girls! I guess we started a trend? ;) Heres just a cute picture of Me and Blake :) I know I seem a tad narcissistic, but I have his so well trained ;) it's hard not to take advantage of :)
 Alrighty... Onto our SLC weekend! We had a LOT of fun! The only part that was no bueno, was the driving of course! I'll show you what Blake spent the drive NOT doing....
\
This was seriously the last 10 minutes of the trip! He is not good at sleeping anywhere but his crib, which makes for a rough trip! He did pretty well this time though! It didn't help that his second tooth it ALMOST through and is killing him :( He is such a trooper with everything we pack into vacations!

 Blake got to meet his Great GREAT Grandma! She loved him, he loved her, it was so fun to watch! I do have to say that Blake was more entertained with her Kitty, Mimmi, however!

 Remember our "Summer Bucket List"? Well, we got to cross off the ZOO this weekend!! It was SO SO fun! A little warm, but still fun! We bought Blake a cute little hat, in camo (would you expect any less?) I wasn't sure how well he would keep it on, but he did!




 Blake fell asleep by the time we got to the tigers :)

 That night the moms (did I mention that my mom, Beau's mom and my grandma were all there? no, well they were) kindly took Blake home with them while Beau and I went on a date night! We didnt have much time, so we just drove over to the State Capital for a bit since I had never been there.
after driving around town for awhile, we went to LunaBerry and had YUMMY frozen yogurt :) It was so nice to have a few hours to ourselves, knowing that our little boy was completely taken care of! Grandma's are the BEST babysitters!
 NATURALLY we went to Cabellas! Blake was obsessed with the animals! He loves loves loves Elk and deer!
 Sandy, Beau, Blake and myself got to go see Beau's older brother Kade. It was SO nice to see him! I had to take blake out 45 minutes early because he was ready for a bottle, so we just hung out in the car! and took pictures :)
 See his little tooth? His next one is right next to it, you can KIND OF see the white bump.

 We went to Joes Crab Shack for dinner that night. Okay, I am going to go off on a tangent for a sec. Blake has a new face. He has always had the funniest faces, but this one takes the cake! He clenches his fists, and his jaw and tenses his whole body! the funniest part is, is that I did the exact same thing when I was his age! I never taught it to him, he just started to do it one day! I am trying really hard to get it on video!

 On Sunday before we left we stopped to see Grandma Lathum one more time. Beau and sandy played cards with her, she is 98 and still can play cards! It's amazing!
 Then we were on our way home!!


Oh, do you remember when I said we (and when I say we, I mean I) were redecorating the master bedroom? No, I didnt forget or give up. Its 99% done, I just have a few more touches and things for the hubbster to hang before I feel like posting pictures!

Before I end this post, I'll tell you a bit about our 4th of July. We dressed u in red white and blue, we all matched, and the ONLY picture I got all day was not of us.... Let me backup. :)
We drove to Kolob that morning, and when we got back, I drug... drugged? dragged? whatever, I made Beau go grocery shopping with me. When we got home, I got Blake out of his carseat, and usually I would of just put him down on the floor to crawl around, but I carried him with me and headed into the kitchen to make him a bottle. I look down and think to myself.... "When did Blake get a toy snake?".....
Beau walked in 2 seconds later, and I, still a little confused... and I ask him "Did you buy Blake a rubber snake? then I realized......
NOT     A     TOY!!!!!

There was a King snake... in our house... yeah.
I am just thankful that we saw it then, and not when Beau was gone for work. Or that I had put Blake down and he got to it! Anyways, it freaked me the heck out!
Okay So I thought I would be done with this post by now, but I have to just add one more thing. I am SO excited with how well the Lovely Little Snippets Blog is doing!! Last month it had 3,405 views! I know it's not as many as some of the big blogs, but I really never expected this many people to view it! It's so fun to see people post things off of it onto Pinterest, or on their blogs. It's SO exciting! Sorry, that was my proud moment of the day :)

And.... I'm done.

2 comments:

Hopie said...

Fun times!!!! Last time we went to the Zoo was right after Randy broke his pelvis so I got to push him up and down all those hills in a wheelchair!!! It sucked!!! I tried not to complain because I know it wasn't fun for him, either, but the kids had a BLAST!!!!

sandy said...

Scary snake! Had a great time in Salt Lake thanks for going. Cute pitures of Blake and Grandma.

our anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

A Marriage Prayer

"Lord, help us to remember when we first met and the strong love that grew between us. To work that love into practical things so nothing can divide us. We ask for words both kind and loving and hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive. Dear Lord, we put our marriage into your hands."