Wednesday, August 3, 2011

ramble.

This is the only picture I have for this post... sad I know. Consider this a rambling post. Because that's what I'm going to do. :)
I'm not quite sure where to start... I've got a million and a half things running rampid through my head. Pointless things really, they have nothing to do with anything. I just need to get them out of my head.
I can't believe it's August already. this past year has FLOWN by!! Hunting season is about to start
I've put us on a grocery budget. Mostly just to see if it was possible. But I do have to admit that I've had to rethink my spending habits since Beau started working in town again. It's been kind of fun actually. We used to spend about $80-$90 a week on groceries, which isnt really a lot, but I cut us down to $65 a week. and in a month it will be less because Blake will go to whole milk instead of formula. Anyways as I said, I've actually enjoyed the challenge! It's forced me to think about what we really need, and cut WAY down on the junk food! I've always cooked a lot from scratch, but I'm trying to do even more now! I'm going to start canning a lot more, making pasta and pizza sauce from scratch, homemade bread, things like that. We are very lucky to get so much meat from our family. Beau kills an elk (or2) every year, and we get pork and beef from Beau's dad, and fresh eggs from his mom. I love knowing where our food came from and I especially love that Elk is so lean that I dont have to worry about feeding my family fattening foods. I also am obsessed with our garden! Fresh peppers, squash, tomatoes, onions, beets... it doenst get much more healthy than that! I love feeding my family healthy, homecooked meals. Thats how I grew up, and I loved it. We didn't go out to eat 4-5 times a week, we sat around the table as a family and ate meals that my mom cooked! I want my kids to appreciate a homecooked meal.
Our master bedroom is SO close to being finished. I'm actually very proud of myself! We hardly spent anything on it! A few bucks in spray paint and fabric, and a new bedspread! I'm excited to get it all done and post pictures! I've had the decorating bug lately. I've been rearranging and spraypainting everything in sight. Beau is getting annoyed. Good thing he isnt home all day :) I REALLY want to paint an accent wall in our living room. But it makes me nervous, I want to paint it dark brown, and we have pretty tall ceilings, so I think we could get away with it, but I just dont want it to close in the space. I hate walking into someones house and feeling like I'm in a cave! We also priced refinishing our cabinets, and I was excited to find out it would be pretty affordable! Now if I could just say the same for the countertops and hardwood flooring! :( I have to take a step back sometimes and stop myself from having a pitty party. I get caught up in all the thing I want to change and what I WISH we had, that I overlook all of our wonderful blessings. There are a lot of people out there who dont even own a home, and I need to remember how lucky we are to have ours and everything in it.
Have you looked over at Lovely Little Snippets lately? I can't even believe how well it is doing! It amazes me that people actually care what I have to say! It's had over 23,000 views! When I started it I figured maybe a few people I knew would look at it once in awhile, but I'm getting views from all over the world! I get emails and comments all the time from people across the country! It's crazy to me! It has been so fun to do though!! I really do enjoy sharing things on it. Beau just laughs at me because I will give him his plate for dinner, and then be over at the counter taking pictures of mine! I do have to admit though it's been kind of a time suck. I get caught up in it a little too often. :)
I've been big into birthday mode for Blake lately! Beau keeps reminding me not to go overboard, but I have a million ideas saved on the computer! I am SOO excited!
Alright, I'm done for now :)

4 comments:

Zitting Zoo said...

so fun that you have so much going on- i am so in love with mr blake- i am sad that he isn't going to even know who i am when we see you guys next- love LLS-you are a domestic goddess-beauzer is one lucky man! love you!!

Jamey said...

I look at your LLS all the time - you are so inspiring to me! I look at it, but then I don't do anything - I am too lazy! But I wish I did. I have never spraypainted anything, and I want to! :) I need to decide on a color, and get at it!!

Cassidy & Shawn Marshall said...

I am so jealous that you get fresh eggs and meat and have a garden! I had to leave mine when we moved to Idaho right when we were getting veggies- I also love your LLS blog and all the recipes- keep em coming i always like new ideas for dinner. Blake is a cute kid, they grow so fast.

Kesha and Kenny said...

I have actually seen people post your Top Free Fonts on pinterest a few times! I think that is awesome your blog is doing so well! I have it on my blog list!

our anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

A Marriage Prayer

"Lord, help us to remember when we first met and the strong love that grew between us. To work that love into practical things so nothing can divide us. We ask for words both kind and loving and hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive. Dear Lord, we put our marriage into your hands."