I'm a little late on this post, Blake actually turned 18 mo. on the 8th, but I wanted to get some pictures to go with it.
Easier said than done.
When Blake was a newborn I remember wanting him to be able to sit up for pictures. Then when he sat, I wanted him to stand.
Now I just want him to hold still for 2 seconds. No kidding 90% of the pictures turned out like this...
He really is such a sweet kid. Don't get me wrong, he has his moments.... but those are fully outweighed by the sweet and adorable things he does. He makes me so happy every day! I am so lucky to be his momma!
Stats (I took them, he hasn't had his 18 mo. checkup yet)... 28lbs 3 oz 32 in. he's around the 85th percentile for everything as far as I can tell.
He LOVES matchbox/hotwheels cars. He almost always has at least 3-4 in his hands at all times.
He is a Hoarder. Not even kidding. We were at Lowes the other day and he walks around the corner holding not 1, or 2... but 4 containers of spackle. 1 is never enough for him, when he has a snack he had to have one in each hand and some on his plate. He does the same thing with toys, he never just has one thing, it's always 4 or 5 at once.
Food is still a struggle for us, most of the time he just doesn't want to stop playing, but luckily he is eating more than he was, so I'm not so worried. He loves granola bars, pretzels, SMARTIES, candy, toast, any fruit, especially cantaloupe, yogurt, cereal. He hates eggs and potatoes.
He loves to close things; doors, the fridge, the dishwasher, drawers. If it's open, he will shut it. Even if you are still in there. :)
He is doing great with sippies.
He is getting molars still, they poked through the other day, but have gone back in a little.
He always wants to talk on the phone, he will hold it up to your ear for you to talk and then hold it up and say 'hi' which sounds more like 'ei'
He loves to get dressed, and play "Where are your toes/fingers"
He can show you his eyes 100% of the time, but he knows where his toes, fingers, belly, nose, mouth, and 'boy parts' (thanks to dad ;)) are.
He kind of says words... mostly he calls everything "sisth" But he jabbers ALL the time. Constantly.
He loves it outside, we are getting grass on friday which will be amazing.
Dad is still his favorite.
LOVES the Lion King, especially the african music.
Loves to help with the laundry.
Loves to give kisses.
Loves going to bed.
Hates getting his hair done.
Loves pushing the lock button on the car, the doorbell and the garage door opener.
He generally doesn't like kids his own age, with the exception of a few. But he loves older kids.
I am constantly in amazement at how much he understands. He knows where things go, when it's time to pick up, his bedtime routine, when he is doing something he isn't supposed to, when he's being funny.
I love watching him learn.
I am SO excited for his second birthday party, I already have so much planned. It makes me a bit sad that he is growing up, but I can't wait to see him be a big brother someday.
(no, not announcing anything)










1 comment:
ha! i love his "grandpa" face in the bottom of the collage photos! he is so stinking cute!
Post a Comment