Thursday, June 28, 2012

for the sake of blogging.

(I wrote all this last week, don't get confused.... but I didnt want to start over, so just know that I am in a better mood today. somewhat.)
I really have no legit reason of blogging, except for the sheer fact that I just feel like it. So this might be a ramble post.
Blake is playing in the sprinkler, and I am sitting on the porch swing, on a hot summer night.
All I need is a glass of lemonade. And my husband.
Can I vent about that topic for a second?
Beau will work almost 70 hours this week. Insane, I know. Poor guy :( They work 6:30 to 8:30, go to a hotel, eat crappy fast food or cup of noodles, sleep on a stupid hotel mattress, and then wake up and do it all over again.
Some days I would kill for him to have a 9-5 desk job.
Where he would be home every night. He would get to eat dinner with us, tuck Blake into bed, and kiss me goodnight.
But then I look at the example he is to our family.
To Blake. To me.
He is the perfect example of sacrifice.
And I couldn't be more proud.
People always talk about being proud of their kids, or themselves, but I am proud of my husband. SO proud. He deserves a medal. Maybe I'll make him one.
Speaking of my wonderful husband... He had a great Fathers day! (at least, I hope he did!)
Since we stayed up on the mountain, we got home early Sunday morning and got ready for church. I was trying to be a sneaky wife, and asked Beau to go out to the truck to get my makeup bag... he didn't get the hint, so I had to bring out his gift the boring way. kill joy. He actually got a gun safe last week, so I took it easy on his gift. Just a shirt and some of his favorite treats :) 
 
Blake and I have found a new summer routine. At least for this week.
Wake up. Play. Eat. Visit grandma. Nap. Eat. Swim. Bath. Bed.
Simple and fun. Just how I like my summer.
 This was Blake right before the car wash. He honestly had this face the whole time.

Blake and his cousin Destiny on her Bday.

Beau and I on our 4th Anniversary. We stayed in. I made a recreation of our first (dinner) date to Pasta factory.

Onto today... I have the stomach flu. again.
This will be 5 times in one year so far. sucky.
Thankfully, my sweet momma took Blake with her to her eye appointment and then took care of him till nap time. (and then cleaned my house. thanks mom!) Then Sandy took him over to play at her house for a few hours so he didn't have to be around my germy-ness.
I am so grateful to have such great family so close. They are such a huge help to us, especially when Beau works out of town so much!
Just one more thing before I finally crash for the night... my sweet NEW niece Bodel!
Is she not the sweetest!?




3 comments:

Tia said...

Uhhh I hate the stomach flu! :( where does your husband work? That sounds so awful! :( I think u should make him a metal!!

Tere Shake said...

well chances are he may not make as much at a 9-5. he is a hard worker lady, be proud!
blake is such a cutie!

Megan said...

Stef... I'm so proud of Beau too! You are such a supportive wife, and he (like you) is also an example of sacrifice! Your family is amazing, and so stinkin' CUTE!!! Don't ever apologize for you "ramble" posts! I like'em! :) It makes me happy to know that other people have just THOUGHTS about random things in life too! haha! Love ya!
Ps. DARLING fathers day idea!

our anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

A Marriage Prayer

"Lord, help us to remember when we first met and the strong love that grew between us. To work that love into practical things so nothing can divide us. We ask for words both kind and loving and hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive. Dear Lord, we put our marriage into your hands."