Monday, May 6, 2013

Quinners - 6 weeks & other bits.

 
YIKES! This post is all over the place! That's okay though... its kind of like my life! ;)
 
Quinners girl is 6 weeks! She is changing so much and growing so fast! Some days I wish I could freeze her at this age! But I'm excited for her to learn and grow and play with Blake! And to get a full night's sleep again!
A few things about Quinn at 6 weeks...
99% of the time she has to be rocked to sleep, which is a total 180 from Blake! It's taken me some time to get used to! I'm not good at dropping what I'm doing every 2 seconds.
She is awake most of the morning and sleeps most of the afternoon.
She goes to bed at 10:30, and wakes up at 1:30 4:00 and 6 most nights. then she sleeps in until 9:00-10:00 if Blake leaves her alone. (which he rarely does)
she eats 3 oz at a time.
she weighs 9 lbs 14 oz
she loves to sit, and holds herself very well!
still loves the binky!
snorts like a mad man all the time!
loves her swing.
she is so so much fun! I seriously am in heaven having a baby around again! Sure it's hard... alot harder than the first time around, I seriosuly am helping on or the other (or both) 24/7! But I love it, and I wouldn't trade them for the world!

 Blake is more and more obsessed with her every day! First thing when he wakes up he says "Baby?" or "Qwee?" (Quinn) He is always so gentle with her, and is always giving her a binky if she cries.
 He always helps with her bath! He loves to pour water on her belly!



 
 Insta-dump...
1. Found comfy pants for .97! can't beat that!!
2. We call her the Diva for a good reason.
3. Blake eating Grammie's birthday dessert at Chilis
4. Got a big boy booster seat! Of course it's camo! And he loves it! Doesnt even try to climb out!
5. He loves to hold her!
6. Yummy dinner! One of Beaus workers has wild asparagus in his yard so he brought us a ton!
7. getting so big!
8. Lunch date at Applebees! I have to say I kind of like lunch dates better than dinner! less people!
9. snoozin'

 Good news... we FINALLY got a grown up table! YAY! I am in love! Even though the first table they delivered was cracked, and this one wont close all the way! the tech is supposed to come fix it on friday... we'll see ;) This was kind of my "Push Present" for Quinn! Even though I totally dont even believe in those! But with Blake we got new couches, and with Quinn, a table!
 I started the Project Life scrapbooks for each of the kids! I'll post more about it later, but I'm so excited for them! They were quite expensive, so I pretty much just had to close my eyes when I bought them, but I think they are so worth it!!
 
2 weekends ago was Cotton Days in Washington. I'd never actually been, but my Grandma was the Grand Marshall in the parade, so we went to see her! Blake was glued to the parade! Especially all the cars! My poor mom had to hold him the whole time, he's almost as big as she is!



 Happy Birthday Mom!
 
And a few of Blake and I. Love this kid! He is such a cutie! He is our big helper now-days! He is eating lots of new foods, yesterday it was cucumbers and strawberries, the other day it was cheese! He also is eating PB&J, quesadillas and celery, trust me, this is all a BIG deal at our house!
We meet with the Articulation Specialist tomorrow. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time.Part of me wants to just ignore it and hope it will fix itself, but I know that wont work, and I need to put on my big girl panties and do what needs to be done.
He is still obsessed with cars and trucks. Also Mickey, Pluto, dinosaurs, and animals. He knows the sounds for elephant, elk, horse, sheep, cow, dog, cat, frog, goat, monkey, pig and lots more but those are the ones he says most.
Becoming a big brother has been the best thing we could of ever done for him! He has grown leaps and bounds in these last 6 weeks!
I love my little buddy so much!
Other than that, we arent up to much! getting excited for summer weekends on the Mountain, spending time in the backyard, and just hanging out!

1 comment:

sandy said...

Quinn is a beautiful baby... Love the picture of Blake laying with Quinn. Love that your grandma was the grand marshall. Super pictures love your blog...

our anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

A Marriage Prayer

"Lord, help us to remember when we first met and the strong love that grew between us. To work that love into practical things so nothing can divide us. We ask for words both kind and loving and hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive. Dear Lord, we put our marriage into your hands."