Friday, January 10, 2014

i need a nap.

it's so true.
i need like a week long nap.
Alas, I don't see that happening anywhere in the near future!

Even though life is busy, it is SO good right now. It seems like everyday there is something that reminds me to stop and enjoy my life, just as it is. Sure, I can't wait until we can get a new house, or when Quinn will consistently sleep through the night, or when Blake will poop in the potty, but however much I want all that I want them to stay this age even more! They are both so much fun right now!

Blake is back in school. Thank goodness! Ever since he started preschool, he craves routine. Fridays are hard for him. and me. Potty training is going well! #1 is down no problem. #2 is a different story. Somedays I want to tear my hair out. Lets just say I can count on Blake getting a mid-day bath every day. His speech is progressing very well! Every day he surprises me with new phrases!


Quinnie Bear is getting so big so fast! just about 10 months! We get stopped everywhere by people telling us how pretty she is! And she is perfectly well mannered! I took her to vegas with me to a funeral last week, and the WHOLE day, literally 8am to 11pm she didn't cry at ALL! Not on the drive, not in the funeral, not during shopping, ever! She amazes me! Although, I think the poor girl is finally getting a tooth, which has made her a bit testy the past couple of days. She has slept through the night 4 nights in a row this week, I'm hoping it becomes a regular thing.
Her diet is pretty restricted because of her "poopy-problems"! We pretty much stick to peaches, prunes, apricots and sweet potatoes. She loves table food though! A lot more than Blake ever did! She will eat bread for days, even though that doesn't help with her 'problem'.
This girl is a total princess. In every sense of the word. She is so ladylike and wants everything her way. She refuses to crawl. She just has absolutely no interest! She wants to be sitting all the time. She just recently even started to hold her own bottle! We finally started just making her do it, and she would look at us like, "seriously, this is NOT my job."
 She got her first piggies the other day! Beau was not a fan. ;) I, however, was completely obsessed! 

 I love this face of hers! She cracks me up!


I've thought a lot about resolutions this year. Last year I didn't really make any. Which is okay, because really, my biggest goal was to have a healthy baby girl and transition from one to two children without too much chaos. I'm pretty confident when I say that I accomplished those things without too much trouble! I honestly feel like having two kids is easier than one! Who knows if a third is in the future. If it were up to Beau we would be done, but I can't quite wrap my head around the concept of only having two. I had almost convinced Beau that we were going to get pregnant this coming summer, but he still isn't sure. Fine with me, the closer it's getting, the more I'm questioning my plan!
One of my biggest goals for this year is to get caught up on the kids' project life books. I bought them just after Quinn was born, and so far I've only done a few pages in each kids. Hopefully I can find the time (and motivation) this year to get them done!
who knows if it will happen.... but a girl can dream... right?

No comments:

our anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

A Marriage Prayer

"Lord, help us to remember when we first met and the strong love that grew between us. To work that love into practical things so nothing can divide us. We ask for words both kind and loving and hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive. Dear Lord, we put our marriage into your hands."