Thursday, July 3, 2008

newlywed cooking.


so i really really love to cook! i really do! i love being in the kitchen, i love asking beau what he wants for dinner, and having it ready when he gets home. but i am slowly starting to realize that... i suck at it! im okay with basic stuff like spagetti, tacos, french dips, most casseroles, stuff that is just like throw together and heat up, but i suck at making things from a recipe! like the other night i had no idea what to make for dinner, so i just started throwing things in a casserole dish, and it ended up tasting great! i was really proud of it! so yesterday i thought, i would be daring again, but this time follow a recipe. so i found a fairly simple mac-n-cheese recipe for the crock-pot. i got home and started on it, and it smelled great!! i finally thought 'im getting the hang of this wife thing!'... i was SO wrong! beau was due home in about 1/2 and hour and i started to panic! the cheese was nasty looking! it was so grainy you couldnt handle eating it, and the pasta turned from uncooked to mush in about 2 minutes. beau got home and said 'it looks way good babe!' so i made him taste it. the look on his face made me want to cry! all he said was 'yeah... its a little grainy...'. i was devestated! needless to say we went to burger king for dinner. beau is an awesome cook and he does make us meals a lot! but i want to be able to do that too! i feel like i am failing as a wife! so if any of you have any ideas for a really good dinner that i CANT screw up. please share. i am sick of making tacos and ramen.

5 comments:

Zitting Zoo said...

Oh Stef! Trust me it gets easier. I am the same way-don't ask me to follow a recipie- I make up my own. One trip is I always cook my meat in turkey bags. It always works great! Another easy one is putting frozen chicken, breast or drumsticks on a foil lined cookie sheet putting some cajun seasoning and then baste them with bar-b-que sause-works for pork chops too! I have many easy dinners if your interested. Take care and have a great 4th!!!Love to all

Dj,Megs & 5 Beautiful kids said...

I always do the same recipes. I'm pretty sure that Dj is sick of all of the casseroles that I make. I need to be daring like you and try something new. Keep it up I am sure that you will get the hang out it.

The Beardalls said...

this is my favorite thing that I make for andy, its looks like it took a lot of work but its SUPER easy and doesn't take long and they're filling:
cream cheese chicken roll ups
2 pkgs of crescent rolls
1 large cream cheese
cooked chicken
Celery,onion(optional)
Cream of Chicken Soup

Mix soft cream cheese and cooked diced chicken together, Add Celery and Onion.
Put spoonfuls onto the crescent roll and roll or fold up. Bake according to package on rolls.
Mix the soup with about a 1/3 can of milk and heat for gravy. Serve with rice or noodles. :)

Hopie said...

What does Holly know, here's a good tip... always have enough cash in your wallet and gas in your car to get to McDonald's. That's how I cook. I have ruined everything too many times. I would rather just eat, than cook!!! Good luck!!!

The Beardalls said...

hey! so i'm commenting again on this but not about food.
yeah next saturday morning will probably be good, I have a bridal shower at 1:00 so we would just have to be back by then. The early morning or later in the evening is the best time to go. so whatever works for you guys! I'm really excited!

our anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

A Marriage Prayer

"Lord, help us to remember when we first met and the strong love that grew between us. To work that love into practical things so nothing can divide us. We ask for words both kind and loving and hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive. Dear Lord, we put our marriage into your hands."