Wednesday, April 6, 2011

look who is crawling!

Mr. B learned to crawl last night! He had been trying for a long time, but never could really get going the right way, he was already going sideways and backwards, but never forward, until last night! :) We were so proud :) 
He loves this little fresh food feeder thing! I froze banana chunks and he gnaws on them forever! he LOVES bananas!

The other night I finally got a picture of this goober face he does! he sucks his bottom lip in and blows raspberries, its too cute!


 
This little man is currently obsessed with the bath! He loves to splash and would stay in there forever if I let him, however I always end up soaked too...
oh, and this big boy is pulling himself up! its mostly just on Beau but he can do it! :)
We planted our garden last weekend! I'm so excited to eat fresh veggies and fruit all summer! I am trying really hard to make more things from scratch, and this will help a lot! Most of the meat that we eat comes from the elk Beau hunts every year, we also get some beef from Beau's dad, and eggs from Beau's mom. I've been making pizza crust and marinara sauce from scratch (I'm going to post those recipes on the lovely little snippets blog soon) It feels so good to be able to make so much on my own! And I know its a lot better for my family! So having a garden will make it just that much better!
we planted tomatoes, onions, beets, yellow bell peppers, jalapenos, banana peppers, cantaloupe, watermelon, cucumbers, yellow squash, zucchini, chives, oregano, basil, and parsley. We also have TONS of grapevines on our back fence, and we are going to plant peach and apricot trees (hopefully this weekend) Have I said how excited I am to have a yard?! I am SO looking forward to getting a swing set, playing on the grass, and having BBQs on the pack patio!  I loved playing in the backyard when I was little, we had an AWESOME backyard, and I'm excited for Blake to have a yard to play in!
Our bedroom makeover is coming along nicely! I just have a few more things to finish up. I'm super excited for it to be finished! so is Beau, he hates having things out of order ;)

In a MORE organized area of the house, I got this huge organizer at a yard sale for $5! We have been 'yard selling' a lot lately! It's been a lot of fun! I'm even planning on having one in a month or 2! (thats what the pile of stuff you see in the right hand corner is :)) My craft room seems to always be a disaster, but hopefully this will help! I spent a few days putting up a couple decorations, and finding places for things, I LOVE haing a clean room! ps. dont mind the bright red basket, it will be turquoise someday when I have time :)

Tomorrow I'm going to take Blake's 7 month pictures! HOLY COW! 7 months!? He is getting SO big! We love it though! It's fun to see him learn and grow! I'll do his 7 mo. post in 2 days!

7 comments:

Jess said...

Holy cow stephanie! I haven't seen your blog in forever(I guess you went private) Your little guy is the cutest thing ever!!! I can't believe he is already 7 months old!

Grant said...

love all the pics-can't believe how big b is getting-love you guys!

Hopie said...

Awwww..... seriously, what's he doing in 15 years and 11 months? Harper isn't busy ;) hehe!!!! You need to follow my friend's blog. It's Erin and Kenny Rollins. It's on my blog list. You guys have a lot in common. Your style and hers is amazingly similar!!!! Check her out!!!

The brackens said...

You are TO cute!!! I to cant WAIT to garden.. and sadly since I live in freakin E-town I cant plant anything till after mothers day, because it still freezes :(. BUT!!! soon enough Ill get to plant!! I totally agree that making your own food and stuff is so much better, cheaper and healthier!! I am big on making my own baby food!! Im very excited when Rydge starts eating baby food!!! OH Mr. B is a total stud!! he is a cutie!!!

Lisa and Devin Graff said...

Holy garden:) haha If i ever need anything i know where to come! I can't believe he are already crawling, that is so awesome. He is the cutest little boy he always has the cutest smile on his little face!

Javan and Heather Bowles said...

Oh my gosh! He is crawling already? So crazy! Blake is adorable as ever! :) I love all of your decorations! You are so good at decorating your home! Someday I hope I can do cute things like you!

Cassidy & Shawn Marshall said...

oh i am so jelous of your own backyard- my aunt lets us plant stuff in hers but its not the same (someday I will have a house with a backyard). I cant believe Blake is turning 7 months and crawling wow- say goodbye to your free time you will be chasing him all over now hahaha. they all grow up so fast- Ellie is one in a week and almost walking! kids are crazy

our anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

A Marriage Prayer

"Lord, help us to remember when we first met and the strong love that grew between us. To work that love into practical things so nothing can divide us. We ask for words both kind and loving and hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive. Dear Lord, we put our marriage into your hands."