I'm not sure if it's this house, or this neighborhood, but we get SO many solicitors! I had been wanting to make some sort of no soliciting sign for our door, but I didn't want it to be the focal point. I was at a loss for what to do for a long time. Well when we had 2 within a week I decided I needed to do SOMETHING! I looked around online for an idea and came up with nothing, then I decided to just make a little sign and hang it above our doorbell, since our stucco has 10 billion nail holes in it anyways (stupid people before us) but as I was trying to decide how big it should be, I realized it would be a million times easier (and not look so tacky) to just put the vinyl on our window! I really like how it looks! It's big enough to see, but it isn't taking over our door or anything. Hopefully this will keep those wonderful sales people off our porch!
Please dont mind how dirty the front of our house is, we have been waiting to pressure wash the stucco and paint our front door until we get grass in.... which ironically is... TONIGHT! :) The husbter is picking up the sod on his way home from work! Funny story about that, but I'll save it for another post ;)


3 comments:
I have a sign in our window by our front door too and I LOVE it!!!!! It's the best when you see a salesperson walk up, get almost all the way to the door, see the sign, turn around and walk away!!!! I do a victory dance every time!!!!
I had to laugh reading this post... we don't have sales people over here i never realized how nice it is haha.. I also noticed on your blog it says the last post i did was the private one on your blog list thing how do i make it so it will show my other posts cause i have posted like 5 sense then.? do you know?
oh i Hate solicitors!! we get them ALL THE TIME! i would totally steal this idea if we werent moving next weekend! but i'll have to remember to do this in our next house to keep them AWAY!!!
Post a Comment