Saturday, October 6, 2012

it's a....

I am totally in shock.
I was sure it was a boy. Like... sure. I always looked at families with two boys and just thought that's how we would be. But nope! This sweet little thing is all girl!
 We are BEYOND excited!
 Beau thinks I am nuts-o because I have been looking at clothes and bows and all the other girly stuff non-stop since yesterday.
So here's the story... more for my records than anything.
My appointment was at 1:30, and beau had to work in Beaver until the last minute, so he got home about 12:30 and hurried to shower and get ready. Sandy came and picked up Mr. B and we took Beau's work truck down to the shop and headed to st.george. We got there just in time, but we still had to sit and wait awhile, that's the only thing I don't like about this doctor's office, they are always pretty busy!
Once we got into the ultrasound room I layed down and she started looking around. At the last ultra sound the baby was totally still, not moving at all. This time was totally opposite! She was all over the place! squirming around, bouncing off the walls, twisting every which way. At one point she passed a spot on my belly and I swore I saw two tiny dark white spots, but I didn't really think too much of it. She got up underneath the baby and showed us her legs, and Beau said "Is that something between it's legs?" the nurse pointed to what he was talking about and said "That's the cord... but actually I don't see anything there..." I immedietly grabbed Beau's hand. then after a few more minutes she said "yup, nothing there, you see those two white spots?" I seriosuly could not believe it. She was still moving like crazy though so the nurse couldn't get a good shot, so she said "I'm about 80% sure!" I was like WHAT? 80% wont cut it for me! I made her keep trying. :) And finally, FINALLY we got the shot. Sweet baby girl :)
I totally cried.
They gave us a cute little gift bag with girly stuff in it. Then we went in to talk to the doctor. I saw Chalmers agian. He was so funny. Beau was wearing a BYU shirt (suprise) so half the time they talked about football and this quarterback and that lineman. It was pretty comical.
We talked more about the possibility of a c-section. I got weighed finally, I've only gained 3 lbs, which suprises me since I feel a lot bigger than I did with Blake. But I'm not complaining.
After the doctors office we went to Iceburg and got lunch while we called and texted our families.
We stopped by target on our way home, and I was so excited to buy girl stuff, but I couldn't find anything I liked! I was so bummed. The funny thing was, I found tons of cute boy stuff! Guess it's going to take ahwhile to switch my mind set! I did find some cute stuff this morning however! But I never realized how hard it is to find cute girl clothes that arent over the top cheesy.
I did find a few things today, however, but no newborn stuff.
I have started buying diapers. That's one thing I learned from Blake, you can never have enough diapers :)
I've been planning her nursery already. Actually, I've been planning it since we cought this house. I love the shabby chic look. This is probably what I'll go for...

 

3 comments:

Javan and Heather Bowles said...

Yay! Congrats! That is so exciting! Your baby girl's room is going to be adorable! :)

Lisa and Devin Graff said...

haha i pictured you having another baby boy to! But i am thrilled its a girl... Less pressure for baby #3;) haha Im so excited for you! Congrats

Megan said...

OH MY GOODNESS! Stef, I'm IN LOVE with this nursery idea! Seriously! You and I have a LOT of the same style! I love everything about you having a little girl!!!! AHHHH! :) Too bad McKay and Jodi just up and left... cuz I'm sure she and Miss Harper would have become GREAT lil' friendsies! :) Oh, I have a cute idea for some girl clothes for new borns... but it takes a little bit of altering yourself. You can do it before she's born though, and it's not hard at all. Remind me to tell you about it next time I see you!

our anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

A Marriage Prayer

"Lord, help us to remember when we first met and the strong love that grew between us. To work that love into practical things so nothing can divide us. We ask for words both kind and loving and hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive. Dear Lord, we put our marriage into your hands."