Monday, October 29, 2012

2 years.


I'm almost 2 months late on Blake's 2 year post! Bad mom award. I had the idea in my head that I was going to take him out and do this big fancy 2 year old shoot and get 300 amazing pictures that he would smile perfectly for. That day pigs would also fly. But I did get a cute one at the park in Beaver, so that works :)

What I want to remember about Blake at 2 years:

Food: He is still a very picky eater. I mean horribly picky. But luckily some of his favorites are pretty healthy. He loves: Blueberries, apples, bagels, fruit cups, bananas, plain pasta, spaghetti, bread/toast, yogurt (especially gogurt), belvita crackers, nutrigrain bars, waffles/pancakes. And not so healthy favorites: popcorn, any and all candy, popsicles, and pop. I used to be a little worried about his eating, but when we went to the doctor, he is as healthy as can be! So I guess I shouldn't worry!

Sleep: He is am awesome sleeper! He goes down at 8pm and wakes up at 8:30 am. As soon as he knows it's bedtime, he grabs his sippy and blanket and runs to bed. He still takes a nap, although that one isnt as predictable. Most of the time he will go down around 12, but it usually takes him about an hour to fall asleep, then he will sleep anywhere from 1-4 hours, depending on the day.

He says a whole lot of words. Not on command however, he is super shy about it. The ones he says most are mom, dad, two, pull, push, wow, hey, see-yah, buzz, shoes, baby, Beau, doll. *I have to add this, over the last week or so, he's started to say more words than I can even remember! My favorite has been when he says 'Suprise!'

He has got some major dance moves. It's kind of like an airplane meets an Irish folk dancer. I've got to get it on video.

Everytime you go to get him out of the car, he throws his blanket over his face and hides from you. He thinks it's hillarious. Okay, and so do we.

He gives MONSTER crusty faces! They are seriously epic.

He loves being outside. He will play out there for hours. We got him a Cozy Coupe car that he is obsessed with. He loves the rain too. The other day when it was pouring he could of stayed outside forever.
 
He wont sleep anywhere but his crib. Which makes for interesting vacations.

He loves the bath.
 
I have an old doll of mine in my craft room, it's sitting in the baby bouncer, and he will go over to it and pat her belly, give her a kiss and say night-night. It's adorable. He is going to be an amazing big brother!
 
He is a monster at church. He hates to be forced into playing, or sitting still. We litteraly spend 90% or sacrament in the hallway. And I literally spend the other 10% wanting to become inactive! ;) He loves nursery though! He could stay in there all day!
 
He is a total copycat. He will copy whatever hand gestures people on TV are making (as long as he thinks no one is watching)
 
He is the best kid. We are so blessed to have him in our family. I love watching him learn and grow and try new things, it is so rewarding. Sometimes I get a little sad that it's not just going to be us and him anymore, but Beau said something the other day that totally sums up how I feel... he said " Yeah, but he is our first, he will always have a special place in our hearts." For a man of not so many words, he sure can pick them! It's so true though, he will always be our first baby, the one who taught everything we know about being parents.
He taught me so much about life that I never knew I needed to learn.
He taught me the meaning of unconditional love.
He taught me about late nights, early mornings, and showed me what 4 am looks like.
He taught me that dishes and laundry can wait,
and that the sprinklers may only stay on for 5 minutes, but the memory of those 5 minutes will last for years and years.
He taught me to love his dad in a way I never though possible.
He taught me to appreciate my mother more than she will ever know.
He taught me where I can and cant leave my glass of water.
He taught me to play.
And to laugh.
He taught me how to change a poopy diaper with 1 wipe.
He taught me to talk on the phone, make dinner, close cupboard doors with my foot and start over the Lion King all at the same time.
He taught me a million different ways to serve toast, fruit and yogurt.
He taught me the sheer beauty of a 5 hour nap.
He taught me that pizza at the park will beat out a fancy dinner with friends every time.
He taught me to make friends, and to lose some that weren't worth it.
He taught me how to be a mother.
 






5 comments:

Maria Nielson said...

Aww, what a cute kid!! Him and Emery should play :) He sounds like such a well behaved little boy! Em used to be a champ sleeper, but lately she's been fighting it and won't stay in her bed. It's been.. Interesting..

Maria Nielson said...

Aww, what a cutie! Him and Em should play :) He sounds like he's such a well behaved little boy, and just so handsome! Emery used to be a champ sleeper, but lately she's been refusing to take her naps. It's been interesting..

Unknown said...

This is precious! Very adorable can not believe he is 2? I held him like days after he was born...where did that go??? He is so cute. we need to get together nix is still little but he loves to play. lets do something!!

sandy said...

He is such an amazing special little boy, we love him lots!

sandy said...

Love Mr Blake such an amazing little guy. He is growing up so fast and so smart!

our anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

A Marriage Prayer

"Lord, help us to remember when we first met and the strong love that grew between us. To work that love into practical things so nothing can divide us. We ask for words both kind and loving and hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive. Dear Lord, we put our marriage into your hands."