Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Happy Easter.

Since Quinn was only one week old for Easter, we didn't do too much, but it was nice. We spent a lot of time as a family, and both kids got totally spoiled!
Saturday we went to Ivins for my Aunt and Uncles Easter BBQ and egg hunt. There were only 9 kids this year, so each of them ended up getting 5-6 prizes! Of course Blake chose mostly cars!
After we left the BBQ we stopped at Home Depot and bought a few things Beau needed for projects, and then we stopped at Ballard's Nursery and bought the rest of the plants for our garden! And that's pretty much what consumed the rest of our day! Home improvement and gardening!
 
Sunday we stayed home from church, I'm not all for exposing my baby to all those germs quite yet. I did put her Easter dress on her though!
Blake found his Easter basket early, for the second year in a row! He was really excited about every thing in it, but his favorite was the smarties. Go figure ;)
I realize that Quinn is still way too little for any kind of toy, but I couldn't resist.


 This was honestly the best family picture we could get. Terrible Two's.
 My mom came over in the morning and gave the kids their Easter baskets, which contained the cars you see in Blake's hand in all these pictures, he would not let them go! Beau hid eggs in the backyard for Blake to find, and thankfully he didnt realize there was candy in them until later in the day. He had so much fun searching for them! I swear holidays just get funner every year!


Sunday afternoon Beau's mom had an Easter egg hunt for the kids. Blake loved it! He totally has the whole egg thing down!

 
I really love Easter. I love everything it represents, the beginning of Spring, new life, and of course the atonement. I am so grateful for my Savior and the love he has for me and my little family. I could never fully express how thankful I am for the trust he has in me to raise these two sweet spirits. Having Quinn on the first day of spring has brought a whole new appreciation for this season. She will always be a reminder to me of Christ's love for us and the meaning of this holiday.

1 comment:

Javan and Heather Bowles said...

Sounds like a perfect Easter! Your family is so darn cute! And you are super mom. I don't know how you manage to get all the things done that you do! Those Easter baskets are so cute!

our anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

A Marriage Prayer

"Lord, help us to remember when we first met and the strong love that grew between us. To work that love into practical things so nothing can divide us. We ask for words both kind and loving and hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive. Dear Lord, we put our marriage into your hands."