Mealtime is a hands down struggle around these parts. Blake doesn't like to eat, period. Honestly I could list the foods he eats in on one hand. (Exaggerating, but you get the idea) Quinn is a little better, but she's getting pickier and it's freaking me out. I just want a child that eats what I make for dinner!! Waaaah!
Anyways, as hard as meals are, once we are sat down, and over the fight, I actually love sitting there, around the table with my family and watching everyone together.
This was technically lunch, so Beau wasn't home, and Beck was sleeping. But as I sat these two down to eat, and Blake insisted on pouring his own cereal, I got one of those 'Happy Moments', you know, where you honestly cannot believe how you got so lucky.
Blake is getting so independent. It's hard for me, because I don't like messes, but he does well. Simple things like this make me proud. And since I never sat down and taught him to do this, I feel a sense of relief knowing that these kids will learn things on their own, because sometimes I don't think to teach them random things, like how to pour a bowl of cereal. It's amazing (and scary) how much they learn by observation.
Quinn is a little easier at mealtime, although she's still picky. She is so animated when she eats, it's hilarious! Actually, she's animated all the time. She's so messy though, Blake was never this messy. He also never stood up in his high chair. We bought one of the chairs that clip on to the edge of the table, and she had one too many close calls, so we ditched the high chair all together and she sits at the table, which still makes me nervous, since we have a counter height table, and she doesn't understand the reprocussions of one wrong step off the side of the chair. She loves most food though, but you know you'll never go wrong when you serve her pancakes or pb&j.

No comments:
Post a Comment