Monday, November 7, 2011

stomach flu. football. roses. molars.

let me repeat those for you...
stomach flu. football. roses. molars.

what do all those words have in common? I'll tell you. they were all part of our weekend here at the Stratton residence.
Some good. Some bad. All crazy.
It started on Friday with the roses part. LOVED that part! I had called Beau to pick up some milk for Blake and he came home with these lovelies. just 'cus.
gotta love him.
Beau used to bring me roses once a week at school, I would find them in my car, at my house, in my classrooms. And then when he started working full time, he had them sent. to school, to work. So sweet. Once he even brought me roses and sprite when I was puking my guts out. Now that's love.
Speaking of puking my guts out... that brings us to Saturday. 3 am saturday to be exact.
I hadn't been feeling super great all afternoon, but I kinda chalked it up to all the Halloween sugar I'd been inhaling the past few days. About 2:30 I decided it wasnt the sugar. and I spent the rest of the night... well... ya know.
Not fun.
Also not fun because I had a photoshoot Saturday morning. I felt better by morning, but I really didnt feel up to going out in the freezing cold rain and taking pictures. But, when the lady didnt answer her phone the 5 times I called (yes 5, stalker status. I REALLY wanted to stay in bed all day) I put on my big girl undies, and went out and did the shoot anyways. It wasn't horrible. I was actually glad I did it.
After a short nap and some food in my belly, I felt lots better and we decided to go to Baxter's (our nephew) last football game. First though, we went out to dinner. And took Blake... B.I.G. mistake. I dont know why we think 'this time will be different'. He is a monster at restaurants. After throwing his sippy, tylenol, bashing his head against the table, taking a walk with dad outside, watching Jake and the Neverland Pirates on dad's phone (thank goodness for technology!) we finally got through dinner. barely.
I felt like a bad mom, we just kept doing anything to make him stop throwing a fit, I could feel people staring at us. I was "that" mom.
But then they caught a dad beating his son out in his car in the parking lot.
Cops came, it was a scene.
I didn't feel like a bad mom anymore.
I felt like a great mom. Because I would NEVER. EVER. EVER. do that to my children. I wanted to kick that guy in the face. Especially when he came back inside and tried talking his way out of it to the restaurant manager. Creep.
Yes, I may turn on Toy Story to stop Blake from screaming, but I am a good mom. Why? Because I would never hit my children. Ever.
Even if he is being a pill.
After Wingers, we went to Pine View to watch Bax play. can I just say I love being an Aunt!! Sometimes it's a little crazy that I am an aunt to (almost) teenagers, but it's so fun! Blake had fun watching the game and running around on the track at 1/2 time. I had fun talking to Heidi :) I love having sister in laws! I love even more that they all have kids close to Blake's age!
what have I missed? Oh yeah, molars. I hate those things. I can't tell what ones are coming in, or if they are close to cutting through, because blake wont let us near his mouth. But I know they are there. He is miserable, especially at night.
Miraculously he slept all the way through the night 3 nights in a row. But that didn't last. Last night he was up again. For what seemed like hours, but I think it was only like 20 minutes. I told Beau that I think Blake just hates me at night.
So this is how our morning is being spent. Don't judge. Remember my story before :)
Toy Story is the new Shrek at our house!

 Other than the teeth situation, Blake is doing AWESOME! He is learning so much so fast! He is still transitioning from the bottle, I dont have the heart to have 'tough love' when I can tell he is hurting. But most of the time he's on a sippy. orr... Mountain Dew?
 Dont freak, it's not opened. Good mom, remember? ;)
He has pooped twice on the potty :) Not by choice, he has been a little stopped up, so I put him on there to help him get it out, and it worked! I know it's not technically potty training and we are nowhere near that stage, but hey, I was a tad proud! ;)
He has also learned to climb up onto the couch! I was kind of nervous about it at first, until he proved that he can get back down off it just as easily!
I'm not sure I am ready for him to get so big!
I'll do a bigger post about him tomorrow when he is 14 mo!
But that's it for now!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Haha! I LOVE THE NEW POST!!! :) yah, hands down, you have got THEEE cutest kid! I love all the pictures! And how cute of Beau to bring home flowers...just cuz! I got some lovelies too, just cuz,and doesn't it totally make your day? Ah!!! It was tons of fun hangin' out with you guys for a bit last night! Can't wait 'til thanksgiving! xoxo!

Heidi said...

Love the picture's of blake and bristol. Glad you guys got to come to the game it was fun.

Heidi said...

Oh and I forgot Baxter is 13 almost 14 he is already a teenager I still think it is crazy

our anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

A Marriage Prayer

"Lord, help us to remember when we first met and the strong love that grew between us. To work that love into practical things so nothing can divide us. We ask for words both kind and loving and hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive. Dear Lord, we put our marriage into your hands."